Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

best herb seasoning for a beef tenderlion

I have read about the drunk and dirty but see alot of bad comments about it. What is a good seasoning/marinade for a small tenderlion
Jefferson .GA.  
Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I like Montreal Steak Seasoning - with just a little bit of added Kosher Salt if you like things salty (like my SWMBO).

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• In most cases I like to keep beef seasoning simple, salt/pepper/garlic and maybe an herb or two.  Like Foghorn said, Montreal seasoning works good.

Beef tenderloin does have less flavor than other beef cuts so I like to have a Bearnaise sauce on the side or maybe a bourbon mushroom sauce.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Cooks Illustrated has a really nice Herb-crusted tenderloin as well a a "Simple" one in which they coat the roast in S&P, and garlic compound butter. 
  • Puff pastry and duxelles and foie gras

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    I usually use Montreal seasoning with some extra black pepper, and serve with a brandy or red wine/mushroom cream sauce.

My BIL marinades with a mix of equal parts A-1, Worcestershire, and Soy sauce.  It really caramelizes and produces a nice crust, and is actually pretty good.  Can't leave it in the juice too long though or it gets really salty.  Have not done this myself though - I'm not an A-1 guy.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • Probably some of the best beef tenderloin I had was covered in butter and Cavender's seasoning.  Love me some Cavender's!
    LGBE August 2013

Louisville, KY