Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

43 pounds of shoulder on the XL

LitLit Posts: 4,623
Went to restaurant depot today and the shoulders were $1.28 a pound so I stocked up. Also got a 10 plus pound brisket that going on top of these once they shrink a little. Cyberq is set at 225 and Taxi will be here at 10. Time to get drunk and hopefully wake up to some brisket sandwiches.imageimage.image

• Looks great. I just did 32# on my Large but mine weren't that big. Can't wait to see how these turn out.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • They look great, and with a temperature controller it's a piece a cake.
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,267
    I love the taxi part... I hope all temps hold well and you are rolling in pork and brisket later.

Looking forward to following this
  • Mud PigMud Pig Posts: 464
    What rig is that? I haven't seen that sort of second tier setup on an XL.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,870
    Where is the Taxi going tonight? Anniversary? I noticed you changed your avatar...
  • LitLit Posts: 4,623
    I have the XL woo on the plate setter to raise the grate to get a drip pan in also the bars on the woo raise the drippings so they don't burn then the adjustable rig sitting on the grate. Gonna add the cross bars to the top and throw the brisket on in about 30 minutes. Will post pics later maybe but tomorrow for sure.
    No just a local bar. Popular band there tonight. New avatar is from our wedding finally got married.
    Congratulations buddy!
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,903
    My condolences.  Drink up.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

Foghorn said:

My condolences.  Drink up.

Did you see her picture? I disagree!
    Thanks Eggcelsior. Lived together 9 years and been together longer guess it was about time. Consider myself lucky she stayed around.
  • hey congrats dude!
    Large BGE -- Greensboro!

• texaswigtexaswig Posts: 1,280
    Why didn't you use a pizza stone on the woo? Just curious.
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
    I have just gotten used to using the plate setter and it is already dirty. My XL pizza stone is still clean.
    Here's the finished pics. The total cook ended up taking 27 hours for everything to finish. The last 2 shoulders came off at 10 last night. Burnt ends for lunch today!..image.image.image.image.image.image