Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Amaze-n smoker vent question

Options
yzzi
yzzi Posts: 1,843
I'm testing out the amaze-n smoker today with some of cheese before I do the bacon tomorrow and I'm wondering what you do with the vents. I'm guessing you leave them both wide open, or do you adjust the top one down some?
Dunedin, FL

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    top off and bottom all the way open
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Thanks. I Tried it out on some cheese, it went out a couple times but I had a full load of lump from my last cook in there which probably inhibited air flow. Cleared that out after and will throw the pellets in the oven before lighting it for bacon tomorrow.
    Dunedin, FL
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    i don't season the pellets but I've heard it works. i literally let it burn for 5-10minutes before blowing it out. it's like 3-4" of burn before I let go to smoke. That is exactly the way they say to do it and it has always worked for me.letting it burn for 10 minutes seems crazy but it really does not burn down much past 3-4 inches and it still burns for about 12 hours once you blow it out
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX