Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First brisket flat

I am attempting my first brisket today and will really appreciate any feedback along the way! I've started with a 6 lb flat from publix. After reading several recipes on here and elsewhere I'm sticking closely to ray lampe's video on the bge site. It seems the simplest for my first attempt. Here's what I'm figuring: rubbed both sides with dizzy pig steak rub. I'll put it on far side down 3-4 hrs then flip to fat side up, after 5-6 hrs (165 internal) pull and wrap in foil and add 1/2 cup coffee (I might use beef broth) wrap tightly and 2 more hrs. 205 internal.? That's the video and that's based in a bigger flat than mine, so I'm guessing my times will be shorter and I'll be leaning heavily on my temp probe? One other variation is I forgot to get wood chunks and only have apple. So I used three of those.
Aiken, SC

Comments