Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

cooking for twenty

Well, I'm not cooking all of it. Long story, but folks wanted salt lick at a party I'm hosting in wimberly, tx. I'm ok serving their ribs and sausages, but I'll my my own brisket thank you. :)

I'm cooking a 15 lb packer(post trim) - hopefully nobody touches the store bought bbq.

I need to leave at noon tomorrow from Austin, so brisket is already on.

Got some bulleit rye to keep me company.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,624
    1.77/lb? You suck ;)
  • Well shoot - my temp alarm just sent off!

Only 7 hours early. Wtf? There is one and only one spot on the point that measures low, and I mean 180, the rest of the beast measures 200 and passes the toothpick test. The tip of the point is thicker by far, and is the issue. What to do?

I'm planning on trusting the 180 since the timing is so whacked out, and letting the baby ride.

Probe is in the problem spot.

Ps, I thought the price would be a shocker :) the are usually 1.77 or 2.44/lb this time of year at heb in cen-tex.
  • EggdamEggdam Posts: 223
    You can FTC the flat so it doesn't dry out and throw the point back on. 
  • Thanks @eggdam, I'll try that next time. I'm worried I overcooked the flat. Anyway, it's pulled, and I took a nibble... so far it's good. Won't know until I slice it later.

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 3,991

Looks good from here

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 2,036

As @Eggcelsior says...........................under thirty bucks for a 16 1/2 lb packer?

Give me a break!  

:P
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon