Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Blue Moon

ParallelParallel Posts: 396
Tonight's Blue Moon from my front porch.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• ParallelParallel Posts: 396
    Ahhh crap! I thought I had chosen "off topic" not pork.

• All your neighbor's houses are green. Ahh, suburbia!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 956

From the patio.

IMG_4109-copy.jpg
    800 x 533 - 29K
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 396
    All your neighbor's houses are green. Ahh, suburbia!
    Actually no. In fact, in MY neighborhood there are no two houses even remotely alike, they are all custom built houses. The house on the left is white painted cement composite siding (Hardi Plank) and the one on the right is a pinkish colored brick while the one beyond that is red brick and white painted Hardi Plank siding. Hell... the house to the right next door (not pictured) is a genuine log home. This is hardly the cooky cutter suburbia you had in mind.

The green is the street light reflected off the green grass. We do indeed have lots of that in suburbia... grass versus mowed weed or tiny patches of grass amongst the endless concrete.

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 5,537
    Nice pics. Full moons, blue or otherwise, are simply incredible. Part of Nature's free show, if you take the time to look. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • Parallel said:

All your neighbor's houses are green. Ahh, suburbia!

Actually no. In fact, in MY neighborhood there are no two houses even remotely alike, they are all custom built houses. The house on the left is white painted cement composite siding (Hardi Plank) and the one on the right is a pinkish colored brick while the one beyond that is red brick and white painted Hardi Plank siding. Hell... the house to the right next door (not pictured) is a genuine log home. This is hardly the cooky cutter suburbia you had in mind.

The green is the street light reflected off the green grass. We do indeed have lots of that in suburbia... grass versus mowed weed or tiny patches of grass amongst the endless concrete.

I figured it was some lighting issue. Easy big fella.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 356

@Parallel  'Ahhh crap' that was hilarious -  good out before the off topic police come knocking.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 1,806
    edited August 2013
    Parallel said:
    Tonight's Blue Moon from my front porch.

I don't see a photo, I see Hungry joes

Large BGE 2006, Small BGE 2014, Adjustable Rig R&B, PSWoo3, Thermapen.
    Weber Gasser for the Wife. 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • berndcrispberndcrisp Posts: 594
    A spectrograph reveals that Sols widest color band is green. This is why highway and street signs are green. And why we can detect more shades of green than any other.
    This is why Ireland is referred to as the 'Emerald Isle'.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 1,806
    I see it now.

Large BGE 2006, Small BGE 2014, Adjustable Rig R&B, PSWoo3, Thermapen.
    Weber Gasser for the Wife. 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Philly35Philly35 Posts: 399
    Aw man, I thought this was going to be a beer thread!
    NW IOWA
  • The problem with the green tinge is the white balance setting of the camera.