Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blue Moon

Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
Tonight's Blue Moon from my front porch.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• Parallel
    Ahhh crap! I thought I had chosen "off topic" not pork.

• All your neighbor's houses are green. Ahh, suburbia!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Parallel
    All your neighbor's houses are green. Ahh, suburbia!
    Actually no. In fact, in MY neighborhood there are no two houses even remotely alike, they are all custom built houses. The house on the left is white painted cement composite siding (Hardi Plank) and the one on the right is a pinkish colored brick while the one beyond that is red brick and white painted Hardi Plank siding. Hell... the house to the right next door (not pictured) is a genuine log home. This is hardly the cooky cutter suburbia you had in mind.

The green is the street light reflected off the green grass. We do indeed have lots of that in suburbia... grass versus mowed weed or tiny patches of grass amongst the endless concrete.

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Nice pics. Full moons, blue or otherwise, are simply incredible. Part of Nature's free show, if you take the time to look. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Parallel said:

All your neighbor's houses are green. Ahh, suburbia!

Actually no. In fact, in MY neighborhood there are no two houses even remotely alike, they are all custom built houses. The house on the left is white painted cement composite siding (Hardi Plank) and the one on the right is a pinkish colored brick while the one beyond that is red brick and white painted Hardi Plank siding. Hell... the house to the right next door (not pictured) is a genuine log home. This is hardly the cooky cutter suburbia you had in mind.

The green is the street light reflected off the green grass. We do indeed have lots of that in suburbia... grass versus mowed weed or tiny patches of grass amongst the endless concrete.

I figured it was some lighting issue. Easy big fella.
    Flint, Michigan
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682

@Parallel  'Ahhh crap' that was hilarious -  good out before the off topic police come knocking.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited August 2013
    Parallel said:
    Tonight's Blue Moon from my front porch.

I don't see a photo, I see Hungry joes

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    A spectrograph reveals that Sols widest color band is green. This is why highway and street signs are green. And why we can detect more shades of green than any other.
    This is why Ireland is referred to as the 'Emerald Isle'.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I see it now.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Aw man, I thought this was going to be a beer thread!
    NW IOWA
  • The problem with the green tinge is the white balance setting of the camera.