Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Time Pork Butt & Warrio Dash

Options

Well I decided to try my first pork butt after getting the hang of my new BGE for month. I separated all the lump the night before and loaded the egg. Woke up at 6am and started the flame. By 6:45 I had the temperature regulated at 250F and throw in the hickory chunks and the butt. I plugged in the Redi Chek and proceeded with my planed day that I was not prepared for. My wife entered me in the Warrior Dash with her therefore it was time to put on my game face. At 9am it was still holding steady at 250F when I left the house. Not much to say about the race other than it kicked my butt and I found mud on me where mud should not be. Got home at 2pm and the and the BGE temp was still at 250F and internal meat at 169F. By now I feel confident that I am doing things right. At 6pm it was time to pull the pork butt off and the internal was at 192F. I used the BGE meat claws to pull the pork and that was the easiest thing ever. The taste was unbelievable. Needless to say the electric smoker is going to be given away now. Here is a few pictures of my 1st success. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Comments