Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

OT Everybody drinks for free at my place !

even the youngsters ...

As soon as we moved, I had an Eggfest for 16 of my deerest friends.  As it turns out though, they were all vegetarians, so we just ate raw veggies.

Actually, I am planning to have all of the Austin / San Antonio Eggheads from this forum over for a cookout.  As you can see though, we are still in boxes.

I did buy a 10'x12' storage shed and am filling it with outdoor kitchen stuff and ammo reloading equipment.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Gateway to the Hill Country

·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,957
    Absolutely beautiful, Mr. Idiot.

I wish I lived next door.
    ·
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    WOW, place is looking great. Been trying for years to convince my wife wee need to move to the hill country and get out of the rat race.

Go down and check out Jacobs Well if you have never been. A very cool place.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,681

Looks to me like anything of importance is out of the boxes and ready for use! Very nice place.  I'm sure your deerest friends can't wait for the new groceries from your garden!  

Louisville
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Pretty sweet! I love the storage building idea.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,947
    lousubcap said:

Looks to me like anything of importance is out of the boxes and ready for use! Very nice place.  I'm sure your deerest friends can't wait for the new groceries from your garden!  

lol.  I've already inquired about a 10' square dog kennel at McCoy's for a garden.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 231
    You must be an idiot! If you were a little smarter you would invite everybody over while you have stuff in boxes. Have them unpack for their lunch :)
    Southern Indiana
    ·
    edited August 2013
    You must be an idiot! If you were a little smarter you would invite everybody over while you have stuff in boxes. Have them unpack for their lunch :)
    I did something similar when I lived on a farm and invited all of my city friends out to haul hay from the field to the barn.  I fixed BBQ for lunch.

I lost a lot of friends that day.  
    :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,840
    So only the central TX eggers are invited? Umph...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    henapple said:
    From what I've read, you've been mooching off so many Central Texas Eggers that you're considered one yourself.  Come on over, Buddy !

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    I love that back porch.
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 231
    Who needs city friends anyways I did something similar when I lived on a farm and invited all of my city friends out to haul hay from the field to the barn.  I fixed BBQ for lunch.

I lost a lot of friends that day.  
    :))

=))
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,957
    @mickey, I vote for Salado 2014 Mobile: VI edition.
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,546
    Congrats on the move, that is a lot of work.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,252
    Great porch and beautiful views. Looks like a good supply of meat for the eggs :)
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • Specfreakintacular! When do we see a venison backstrap cook?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
    Specfreakintacular! When do we see a venison backstrap cook?
    That would be murder, Fred.  The deer are so tame that one doe named me godfather to her newest fawn.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

·
  • That first photo is fairly stunning. Nice work.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, breaking bad.  
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 12,840

henapple said:

From what I've read, you've been mooching off so many Central Texas Eggers that you're considered one yourself.  Come on over, Buddy !

Tell me where and when... I'll head out. I'll bring the scotch.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I had a couple friends tha looked just like that over for dinner last weekend, but in the form of steaks. They were excellent dinner guests.
    ·
  • Specfreakintacular! When do we see a venison backstrap cook?
    That would be murder, Fred.  The deer are so tame that one doe named me godfather to her newest fawn.
    Hey, don't get me wrong.  I'm an animal lover.  They're delicious!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,095
    Nice thanks for sharing.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 913
    edited August 2013
    I'd love to attend the first annual bourbon and bbq festival hosted by VI! :)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646
    I'll bring a batch of homebrew if I can take one of those deer home in a cooler...

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • GoatseggGoatsegg Posts: 108
    great shots and nice setup.

-The Goat
    Marietta, GA
    XL BGE

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    Looks so nice with the deer. Linda saw a birth last month in the yard. Lots of little ones this year.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,518
    =D> Very nice, as always.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 466
    Sweet setup, enjoy!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 475
    Very nice!
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010)
    ·
  • Very nice digs.  Be sure and keep ammo and guns locked up...after all you are very close to weird.
    BTW welcome to the hood.  If Pam has gotten frustrated by the traffic at the "Y" I have all the shortcuts....have her call me.  
    Oh, and do I have a bike ride for y'all...Devils backbone to NB, 1863 to Boerne, Old SA road to Fredericksburg (almost) then home again.  Have been doing calls in Bourne all week and doing creative driving to avoid the crazies on I35.

Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,366

What "deer" neighbors!

:-c
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·