Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Your Morning Drink?

I do a lot of Eggin' starting in the morning on weekends getting butts and briskets and ribs on so am then usually sippin' down two-three cups of coffee from a K-Cup machine. Convenient. Fresh. Tasty. I like Starbucks for an occasional tall black bold. But I know there's better stuff out there! 

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    On the weekends sometimes a bloody mary or screw driver.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I am usually just doing the K cups as well, but my favorite at home is a french press.  Local coffee shop near me has a pretty darn good cappuccino so if I go out for my caffeine fix that is usually where I head. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    I don't know about K-Cup options, but for a national brand, we much prefer Peet's to Starbucks. You should find a small local roaster though, we find that to be far superior to the stuff in the grocery store, that may have been sitting for who knows how long.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    I have the k-cup and a vue machine- really like the new vue.
    Greensboro, NC
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I usually have a couple of expresso from my Lavazza machine

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Regular coffee, black, lots, maybe a bit of milk to cool it.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,082
    House rules-light the BGE (regardless of time of day) time for an adult supervisory beverage-meat/goodies on-time for an adult supervisory beverage.  Then as needed/wanted to maintain proper hydration throughout the duration of the cook.  So, late night or early morning cooks, "Beer, it's what's for breakfast".  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

• For me it's water or V 8 Juice, I 'm not a coffee fan .
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited August 2013
    Espresso or latte from my Delongi Magnifica, my second favorite cooking tool after the BGE.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Week days it is a cold Ritz on the drive in.  Weekends an Irish Coffee might pop up.  Anyone recognize what is unique about my coffee cup?

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Doc,

Where's the handle?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Doc_Eggerton
    thetrim said:
    Doc,

Where's the handle?
    Good eye.  That is a WWII era US Navy cup, and they did not have handles.  The idea was they kept hands warm, but the more likely reason is they stored more easily.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    Coffee strong black coffee, Jamaican blue when available.
    HFX NS
  • French pressed coffee. We buy beans from 3 different local roasters here in Birmingham.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • mokadir
    mokadir Posts: 115
    Roast my own beans, then either espresso or americano from the Expobar
    Delaware Valley, PA Large BGE, CGS adjustable rig, iQue110, High-Que grate
  • Acorn
    Acorn Posts: 163
    I'm with Doc this morning, 5.5lb. butt on since 7:30 and Irish in my home brewed Starbucks Breakfast Blend. Its a beautiful morning in down town Atlanta!!!
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • Can't do the hot caffeine in the morning.  I'm a Cherry Zero drinker in the AM.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    For me it's either K-Cup with some Newman's Own Extra Bold or fresh bananas blended with frozen strawberries and 2 T of Ground Flax Seed.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Fresh ground Kona and a bit of creamer.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• EGGATL
    EGGATL Posts: 23
    Dunkin Donuts coffee with cream. That's the only way to go.
    I meet a group of friends at Waffle house on Sunday mornings. I drive through Dunkin pick up my coffee and take it in to breakfast at Waffle House. They started calling me Dunkin. LOL :)
    Atlanta, Georgia area
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    A small glass of Spicy V-8 followed by iced tea.  Never got into coffee.  

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Not a coffee drinker, so no normal routine. When possible a spicy Bloody Mary with a small beer back (Wisconsin style!) Is the go to option. That mostly means weekend and vacation days.

Cheers
    B_B

Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Smoothie: v8 splash, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, summer squash, ground flax, protein powder and a couple ice cubes.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,616
    Dt dew or iced tea. Never could stand coffee

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Wife's Delonghi Latissima + and my Le Creuset french press. Good stuff all around. I also have a glass carafe for loose leaf tea.

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

Hey @Doc_Eggerton, have you ever had irish coffe at the Buena Vista Café in San Fran?  The largest seller of Jameson's in America!

How many sugar cubes do you put in your IC?

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Doc_Eggerton
    jaydub58 said:

Hey @Doc_Eggerton, have you ever had irish coffe at the Buena Vista Café in San Fran?  The largest seller of Jameson's in America!

Been to SF but not that cafe.  Coffee, three spoons of sugar, half and half, and the elixir of the Gods.

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Kcup for sure, like the Colombian fair trade select. Or 2. Put it in my favorite thermos cup in the world, a Starbucks thermos with a screw lid for 360 drinkability. Hours of hot coffee, rarely lasts that long. Before I did that, I was chugging coffee once it got cold and getting more. Was up to 6 or so cups and was too edgy.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    jaydub58 said:

Been to SF but not that cafe.  Coffee, three spoons of sugar, half and half, and the elixir of the Gods.

You have come real close to the BV; it's credited as the first place in America where irish coffee was served.  Only difference is, they use two sugar cubes and whipping cream.  Next time you're in The City, give them a shot; right down by the waterfront, a very colorful place.  Been a good number of years since we were there (going back this fall), but back then they had their own Irish Whiskey label.

Great way to start the day (end it, too)! 

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon