Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Weekend FULL of egging (fully photo documented)

Was away last weekend so had to catch up. On the menu this weekend was... Clams, pizza, flap steak, ciabatta bread, and smoked salmon pasta salad

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
image.jpg 1.9M
image.jpg 1.9M
image.jpg 3.4M
image.jpg 2.7M
image.jpg 2.5M
image.jpg 1.1M
image.jpg 2.6M
image.jpg 2.4M
image.jpg 2.4M
image.jpg 2.4M
image.jpg 2.4M
·

Comments

• Pardon my ignorance but whats a flap steak?

Little Rock, AR

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,558
    Incredible!!! All looks delicious,whats your dough recipie? The pizza looks killer!!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • JamieoroJamieoro Posts: 180
    @biggreenpharmacist I hadn't heard if it either but my parents were raving about them from Costco . He can explain it better than me...
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flap_steak
    ·
  • milesbrown4milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    @jamieoro nice work this weekend.  Really like the ciabatta bread - gotta try that!
    ·
  • msloanmsloan Posts: 264
    congrats!!!  that all looks fantastic.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
    ·

Incredible!!! All looks delicious,whats your dough recipie? The pizza looks killer!!!!

@canman1976 I cheated on the dough this time. This is trader joes dough
    ·
  • tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    All of it looks great!
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
    ·

@jamieoro nice work this weekend.  Really like the ciabatta bread - gotta try that!

@milesbrown4 this was my first try and it was awesome. The dough was kinda hard to work with but well worth it. Found the recipe on a recent thread here! Go for it!
    ·
  • Clams on the egg??  I don't think I've seen them without pasta or being deep fried or in chaddah.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
    @fred19flintstone yeah. Just grill em up and dip them in some butter with old bay! Delic
    ·
  • Time to visit my fish monger!  Thanks!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 998
    Wow @Jamieoro that's all just beautiful food. Those pizza pics are incredible, congratulations! Thanks for posting this, its inspirational (haha).

I know you said the ciabatta was from TJ dough, same for the pizza?

Thanks again, really great stuff here. 

Cheers
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
    Thanks @black_badger! The ciabatta was homemade dough but the pizza dough was from trader joes...
    ·
    Here is the link to the ciabatta recipe some one posted recently

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/2984/jasons-quick-coccodrillo-ciabatta-bread
    ·
  • pwg56pwg56 Posts: 92
    Wow on that pizza! Is that pepperoni and jalapeños ?
    ·
    pwg56 said:

Wow on that pizza! Is that pepperoni and jalapeños ?

@pwg56 that's right! Grew the jalapeño in our garden!
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,938
    What a great bit of egging you've got there! All looks fantastic! I have done clams on the gasser before, do they pick up any smokiness from the egg?
    ·
  • CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,047
    Great cooks!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
    ·
  • OspreydogOspreydog Posts: 90
    That all looked great, but the steak looked super.
    ·
  • I use the Costco flap steak for my fajitas and beef bulgogi. It is fantastic and tender.

GO BLUE!

Springfield, Va

·
  • GrillmagicGrillmagic Posts: 1,025

OMG! it all looks Great, what was your set up for the pizza?

Thanks in advance.

Chuck

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,977
    oh lawdy! Everything looks fantastic but I absolutely love that pizza and the ciabatta. Could you share the ciabatta details details please?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,210
    A great weekend; thanks for the photos!   :-bd

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
    hapster said:

What a great bit of egging you've got there! All looks fantastic! I have done clams on the gasser before, do they pick up any smokiness from the egg?

Thanks @hapster! I don't really think the clams took on too much smoke flavor unfortunately. Probably bc we pulled them right when the shells opened so they didn't get direct smoke. Still delic though!
    ·
    caliking said:

oh lawdy! Everything looks fantastic but I absolutely love that pizza and the ciabatta. Could you share the ciabatta details details please?

Thanks @caliking! Here is the link to the ciabatta recipe. It's pretty easy, just need the time for the rising and proofing.
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,989
    flap steak is what a lot of Mexican restaurants use to make asada by me, I frequently use it in tacos, on nachos, etc. it's also so thin it's one if the meats I marinade.
    ·
  • OVERULDOVERULD Posts: 47
    Great looking cooks there!  I can't wait to try some bread and pizza.  I'm still doing the basic cooks but getting bolder as I view posts like yours!  Thanks for sharing.

BJ
    Men of integrity expect to be believed, but when they aren't, they allow time to prove them right.
    ·
  • Jamieoro said:
    Thanks @caliking! Here is the link to the ciabatta recipe. It's pretty easy, just need the time for the rising and proofing.
    Could you give some time and temps you used for pizza and bread? Looks fantastic. 
    ·