Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steaks our way

Options
Fantastic steaks tonight. Wife says they're the best I've cooked.....and we've cooked many over the years.

Nolan Ryan sirloin, DP Cow Lick, Egg to 600-650 with a few mesquite chunks, two minutes per side, flip again and shut the Egg down for two more minutes for med rare. Cut like butter.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

Comments

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    Those are some beautiful steaks!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Beeeyootiful indeed! :D
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited July 2013
    Options

Thanks guys.....gotta' give the credit to the Egg.  The low and slows are great, but what has impressed me the most since I've owned mine is the quality of the hot and fast cooks just like this.  Absolutely amazing and cannot be replicated on a gasser. 

And FYI.....not sure where all it is available, but for you Texas Eggers, this Nolan Ryan beef is really good.  These sirloins were as good or better than any filets we've cooked in the past according to the wife at less than half the price.  Got it at a Kroger Marketplace.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Great cook and thanks for the recommendation. I'll be on the lookout for it in San Antonio. I love a good sirloin.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    As that is the cut my wife says we will buy have been getting Prime. Will find an outlet for Nolan Ryan (should be close) and try. Thanks
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    His brisket sausage sounds interesting - like to try that.