Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

need garlic butter help...

EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
What is your go to for garlic butter?  My wife and trying to perfect the deep pizza cook and are looking for a killer garlic butter for the crust.  Thanks. 
LBGE
Zionsville, IN
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,955
    I like to roast whole garlic cloves before I put them on the pizza.  Olive oil, use the good stuff, complements it...coat the dough with it before adding anything.  Everything melds together...no need, IMHO, to have an infused oil.

·
  • EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    @nolaegghead Thanks.  I think I will give that a try! 
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
  • dweebs0rdweebs0r Posts: 507
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/garlic-butter-recipe/index.html

Seems too simple but turned out great when we made it.  I am sure I dont have to tell you to use fresh garlic.  It makes all the difference.  I wont use the dehydrated stuff or the one in the jar ever again.
    -Jody Newell (LBGE & a mini BGE!)
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,148
    Much like @dweebs0r using a fine garlic press and salted or unsalted butter you can make some great garlic butter. If you let it sit for a day you can nuke it and run it through a sieve for a poor man's infused garlic butter. We like the chunks but for a brush on it is best strained.
    The sieve can be hard to clean, make sure it is dishwasher safe. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,955
    Sorry, didn't mean to misdirect you from garlic butter to roasted garlic cloves and EVOO...

Garlic butter is really versatile and tasty. :D

Please use any fresh garlic infused oils within 3 days or acidify it.  Garlic harbors botulism spore and oil is a good anaerobic medium for it to grow.

·