Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What is the popular Dog breed for eggers?

I know your favorite beverages, music, etc. Americans love their dogs. What is breed of choice? Yes, I love rescues with no paper work, maybe the best, We have a Boxer and Shih Tzu. Both are setting beside me while we Read the forum. Have a Geat weekend!
·

Comments

• NsdexterNsdexter Posts: 145
    Pure bred mutt, which ever dog or dogs get along at the SPCA .currently have a lab Shepard mix, a rotti pit mix and some mutated little rat looking thing that sleeps on the other two,..
    HFX NS
    ·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 467
    My Golden Retriever "MOLLY" is by best friend and she really loves me when the egg is fired up!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    edited July 2013

Here is Mattie.  My Lab/Beagle mutt checking out if the rabbits are ready for the BGE yet.  She loves antlers as much as rib bones.  She sits patiently next to the BGE waiting for me to "drop" something.  

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,045
    Shar pei
    image.jpg 1.2M
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Madison - a rescue golden
  • tactical_66tactical_66 Posts: 196
    We have a Black Lab pure bred Hunting companion and a Shar-Pei. I see Chubbs has one as well
    ·
  • BayaradBayarad Posts: 286
    As my avatar depicts, Reagan (Dobe) and Coco (Chocolate Lab) guarded my grill until May, when we lost Reagan due to illness and old age!  Five days later, this little Demon (Roxy) wandered into our lives. 
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    We have a German Sheperd and a Yorkie, both of which are rescues. Can you guess which one is the boss?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,267
    Third Standard Poodle (all from poodle rescue). Several of you have got to meet Nelly. Nelly was a breed dog and the lady was wanting to retire. image
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • gpsegggpsegg Posts: 330
    Our two rescue Italian Greyhounds Vito (seal) and Isadora (white)...as you can tell, they can't stand each other.

Image.jpg 1.2M
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blue Ridge, Ga.
    ·
  • tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 274
    Pure bred mutt as well. I have loved every single dog we've rescued. Current variety includes Pit, boxer, chow and who knows what else.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
    ·
  • tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 274
    Forgot pic
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
    ·
  • bucky925bucky925 Posts: 121
    This is my grilling buddy.  I always put on two hot dogs before I start whatever I'm grilling.
    IMG_0913.JPG 53.4K
    ·
  • gpsegg said:
    Our two rescue Italian Greyhounds Vito (seal) and Isadora (white)...as you can tell, they can't stand each other.

Fantastic! I work with Italian Greyhound Rescue of Texas, and we have three of our own. Awesome little dogs. :D
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,860
    I have 2 rescues, really they were foster dogs and we decided to keep them. I'm not 100% sure what either is, but Tiny we think is a pit bull and catahoula mix. the other dog Eve we think is also a catahoula mix, but like I said we have no real way of being for sure.

·
  • French Bulldogs!
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,554
    I have a 7 yr old Frenchie, my English bulldog passed @8 1 yr ago today. RIP Tank D .
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,121
    Welsh Corgis here:

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,733
    edited July 2013
    2 labs...always ready to play ball...

..and a cat to keep them busy...

Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 748
    Welsh Terrier
    image.jpg 91.7K
    ·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 467
    Aquacop said:
    My Golden Retriever "MOLLY" is by best friend and she really loves me when the egg is fired up!
    Guess I should have posted a picture also! Here she is!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • flynnbobflynnbob Posts: 600

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - "Flynn" (aka Flynnbob). He came from the Hollywood litter and the breeder named him Errol Flynn because he was the prettiest in the litter. Since we're part Irish, we dropped the Errol and the rest is history. My constant companion and a cool little pup.

028.JPG 5.3M
    Milton, GA.
    ·
  • BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 513
    Standard Schnauzer. Otis.
    Edina, MN

·
  • Here's our current pack of Italian Greyhounds…
    ·
  • MJGMJG Posts: 192
    Boston Terriers.
    image.jpg 824.8K
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
    ·
  • BoilereggerBoileregger Posts: 324
    Westies are the best. This is Lucy watching me egg. She'll come a lot closer when it's time to put the cheese on the burgers - she knows I always bring an extra slice for her.
    image.jpg 1.1M
    ·
  • gpsegggpsegg Posts: 330
    @mickstephen. Mrs. Gpsegg works with Italian Greyhound Rescue Florida. Your group looks great!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blue Ridge, Ga.
    ·
  • gpsegg said:
    @mickstephen. Mrs. Gpsegg works with Italian Greyhound Rescue Florida. Your group looks great!
    Two of ours are "foster failures," dogs we had in our home as fosters, but that we decided to keep. :D

Rescue dogs rule!
    ·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    My best friend goes by Nina. She's a pitbull/cattle dog mix from rescue organization in Charlotte
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,348
    We stick with our yellow labs- lost Cooper last year at 14 new one is Rivers
    image.jpg 1.2M
    image.jpg 175.7K
    Greensboro, NC
    ·