Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sear Time

Dry aged prime NY strip

Sexy!

Comments

• CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,563
    Nice..... u doing this dome up or down?
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,195
    edited July 2013
    Dome down I'll bet for the cook, but dome up for the pics 'cause even 'Celsior can't take pics with the dome down.....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 203
    looks good. Love the sizzling sound of beef as it hits the hot egg grates.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    That's one fine looking strip!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,550
    Whew! Drunk 'celsior almost blew the money shot! Next to last bite, medium rare FTW

Nice..... u doing this dome up or down?

Dome down, pics during flip.
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    I'll take that last bite if your not gonna eat it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,587
    Nice!! You dry age it or buy it dry aged?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    @chubbs I bought it dry aged at Wegmans. They typically cut the DA stuff thin but had a couple that were 2 inches. Yes sir!
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,587
    Hell yeah @eggcelsior. Score. I bet it 'twas tasty eh?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,709
    Yeah baby that looks good.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

It was fantastic.

@chubbs That's not even the best part though. I went in to grab pork butt but they were sold out. Oops. I guess I'll check the brisket flats.

I walk over there and a dude explaining how to smoke them to an elderly gentleman. 2 were left. He picked up both and I was eying them. He didn't seem happy with one because it was "funny looking". I prayed to the brisket gods because I noticed that it looked like a point and flat. He decided on the other so boom:

Mother effing packer!

Today was a good day.
  • It was fantastic. @chubbs That's not even the best part though. I went in to grab pork butt but they were sold out. Oops. I guess I'll check the brisket flats. I walk over there and a dude explaining how to smoke them to an elderly gentleman. 2 were left. He picked up both and I was eying them. He didn't seem happy with one because it was "funny looking". I prayed to the brisket gods because I noticed that it looked like a point and flat. He decided on the other so boom: image Mother effing packer! Today was a good day.

Dude- motha lode. You better have oak. If I hear you ruined god's 2nd (ish) greatest creation by cooking this over some artisan fruit wood I will hunt you down.

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,572
    :Subscribe:
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    ibid to what C-Tex said.....Oak all the way...Great score.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • ibid to what C-Tex said.....Oak all the way...Great score.

Don't EFF with Joan, Eggcelsior. Don't do it. Listen to her for she is wise.

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,347
    ibid to what C-Tex said.....Oak all the way...Great score.

Don't EFF with Joan, Eggcelsior. Don't do it. Listen to her for she is wise.
    and beside the above I lived in Eldersburg where cow tipping is frowned upon  :D
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX