Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What's your occupation?

Comments

• BREWnQBREWnQ Posts: 210
    hotwheels said:

Occupation you ask?  I sit home on my fat ass and my son in law who runs my business sends me a big fat cheque every month, hoping I never go in the office.  Works for me.

When you think about retiring and want someone to take over I'm your guy. Not going into the office is one of my greatest skills, you SIL will be very happy with my performance.
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
    ·
  • freduc2freduc2 Posts: 69
    Meter Technician. Potomac Edison
    LBGE, Weber Performer. Located in Franklin County Pa.
    ·
  • abpgwolfabpgwolf Posts: 137
    I am a Business Continuity/Emergency Preparedness Consultant. I help companies or the government prepare for disasters.  It's been busy the past few years.
    ·
  • Professional hobo.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,461
    Underwater mattress tester and weaver of tall tales.

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,356
    And sofa king !!!
    :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
    bud812 said:
    And sofa king !!!
    :D
    We Todd Did!!!!

·
  • Technical project manager.  Send most days thinking about BBQ, Egging, and winning the Powerball.
    ·
  • jcm806jcm806 Posts: 10
    I work in retail loss prevention.
    James. Large Big Green Egg 2013. Alabaster, AL
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem. "I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude." - Thomas Jefferson
    ·
  • jcm806 said:

I work in retail loss prevention.

"Sir, is that a peppermill in your pants or are you just glad to see me?"

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • claybrnclaybrn Posts: 31
    Sales Operations for Cisco
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    I work for a mobile app company called GameChanger Media.  I'm a tech support/customer support supervisor with transition plans to head of that dept.  

App is amazing and we are making plans on adding more sports to our portfolio!
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,725

Professional Musician turned School Counselor

Was in For Today(http://www.fortodayband.com/) Session bassist for : One Republic, Brittney Spears, Journey, and Keisha

·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 868
    @mountaindewbass, now that is a fascinating change of careers. What caused the change?
    ·
    @fletcherfam . I lived the dream, made some decent money..the main issue  is inconsistent work every month.  During the summer months I would play shows with different people.. and in January/February I would work with producers and bands for song production.  So make good money for like 4 months a year.
    ·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,039
    Higher Education Administration - Directer of Student Retention and Success
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 868
    @mountaindewbass, cool. Just such an interesting change.
    ·
    Def.  Another big change..and when it all changed was when I got married.  My wife wanted me home most nights...plus I was getting burned out from it.  Good times, im still playing bass of course..just don't get paid money for it :) Unless my church decides to start paying lol. Doubtful.
    ·
  • Hey MDB, did you ever record in Denver? My cousin owns a studio there.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • banjomanbanjoman Posts: 51
    Sookie said:
    Driver manager for a major trucking company.  I care about you and your family, as well as my drivers and their families.  Always open to discussion. 
    Who do you work for Sookie?  I'm in the same game.  My family owns a small brokerage.
    ·
  • bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 873
    Industrial Maintenance Mechanic for General Mills.  I work in the plant that makes all of the Betty Crocker Cake Frostings.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 953
    I'm a food processor. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·

Hey MDB, did you ever record in Denver? My cousin owns a studio there.

Not in Denver. There is a studio in the outskirts of Colorado Springs that universal records owns. I've recorded some songs for various artists there.
    ·
    I just remembered. I did record bass for one song up in Denver. Colorado christian university had a contract with one studio. I don't know the name if it though
    ·
  • DawnlDawnl Posts: 185
    I am a slave to a big green bird who loves Korean short ribs done on a lbge.  

014.JPG 2.9M
    Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
    ·
  • I just remembered. I did record bass for one song up in Denver. Colorado christian university had a contract with one studio. I don't know the name if it though

My cousin owns Alley Records.

·
    Just looked at his studio. Not bad not bad, a little small but it looks like it's aimed at people recording demos.. And that's the right size for that
    ·
  • _BR__BR_ Posts: 42
    TUTTLE871 said:
    Repair and resell shopping carts.
    Do you also train cats for the super cat cat show?

Lol, yes and the big green bastard as a night gig.

·
  • Professional Musician turned School Counselor

Was in For Today(http://www.fortodayband.com/) Session bassist for : One Republic, Brittney Spears, Journey, and Keisha

so that's were the "fortoday" troll handle came from.

·

Professional Musician turned School Counselor

so that's were the "fortoday" troll handle came from.
    apropos - it's a christian metal band.  The whole point of metal is to piss wholesome christian people off that hate metal.  I don't get it.

·