Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket done too early

Options
Ok brisket is done now but we are not eating for another 7 hours. What do I do?

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    I have the same problem @jim and may just be eating mine for lunch instead of dinner. Sounds like you may not have that flexibilty though. I have seen where people have FTC'd for up to 7 hours so you might be okay. I've left the temp probe in mine while it is FTCing so that I can monitor during the day.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    LOL. I think 7 hours of foil towel cooler should be fine. Wanted to get others thoughts though. Main problem Is sister in law works for the department of health and will freak out if she finds out it sat so long.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Only the voice of one here. 7 hours is pushing it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I do 7 hours all the time. Lots of towels and it will be piping hot in 7 hours. Even if she is with the dept of health- the most stringent rules are it can be BELOW 140 for 4 hours and still be safe. If you put it in there with lots of towels, it won't go below 140 for 1 hour.They are her rules, she can't have it both ways :D

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It'll be fine.  If you want, check the internal temp half way to dinner.  You can always put the foil ball in the oven at the lowest temp (my gas oven will do 170F, some electrics do 150).