Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another newbie

Seems like today must have been approval day!  I've been lurking here for the last week and my husband Joe and I just got our LBGE on Saturday.  So far I've made spatchcock chicken, steelhead trout, burgers and pig shots.  I'm in love.  I'm pretty sure my coworkers are tired of hearing about my egg so it's a good thing I was finally approved so I can start posting here about all my cooks.  I'm looking forward to learning from all of you skilled eggers!

Jen

Jen

Lakeville, MN

·

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Welcome aboard. Your camera broke?

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,426
    Welcome and enjoy the cult.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,436
    Welcome Jen. Where are you guys? Glad to have you in the cult.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,977
    Welcome!

You know the rules ... no pics= didn't happen.

Just kidding. i just wanted to be the first to say it. :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Welcome Jen. Pics or it didn't happen. Looking forward to some great cooks. Sounds like you have really embraced the Eggsperience.
  • JenGangJenGang Posts: 87
    Mickey said:

We are in Minnesota.  Thank you for the welcome!

Jen

Lakeville, MN

·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Nicely done. You will fit in well here.
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,450
    Welcome Jen... looks like ya'll are off to a flying start!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Looks wonderful. May I suggest 3 split firebricks to start. Raising the grill is your friend ( from the pic you are not looking like you need any). The big difference is if you get distracted that extra height will matter.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Welcome aboard, cooks look good so far, keep them coming
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • BrotherEggBrotherEgg Posts: 95
    Welcome Jen. Great first cooks. I could not imagine what made folks so jazzed about there BGE. Well, here I am blathering away about how much I love this thing. Now that I found this forum I know what it must feel like for a Sasquatch to meet another of his kind ;-)

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
    ·
  • CharlieTNCharlieTN Posts: 177
    JenGang said:

Seems like today must have been approval day!  I've been lurking here for the last week and my husband Joe and I just got our LBGE on Saturday.  So far I've made spatchcock chicken, steelhead trout, burgers and pig shots.  I'm in love.  I'm pretty sure my coworkers are tired of hearing about my egg so it's a good thing I was finally approved so I can start posting here about all my cooks.  I'm looking forward to learning from all of you skilled eggers!

Jen

Welcome aboard.  My coworkers are tired of smelling the good leftovers when I don't bring any for them.  

Good choices for your first cooks.  
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,082
    Welcome, always room for one more, specially one who can cook, nice job. 
    Like Mickey says, raise the grid for direct chickens, easier to control the IR. Also, the old table needs an air gap between egg bottom and paver, you will scorch your table.... or if you are CenTex, set it on fire. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • bodskibodski Posts: 362
    Welcome aboard. Love steelhead. How'd you prepare it?

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Gasser

·
  • freedog74freedog74 Posts: 62
    Welcome aboard Jen!
    ·
  • SeeingSpotsSeeingSpots Posts: 151
    Looking good so far!  

Next time, you should do some burgers.  :)

Welcome!
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
    ·
  • finsterfinster Posts: 131
    HELLO!
    MBGE in Charleston

·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Welcome, Jen, from Houston Texas.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    Welcome, always room for one more, specially one who can cook, nice job. 
    Like Mickey says, raise the grid for direct chickens, easier to control the IR. Also, the old table needs an air gap between egg bottom and paver, you will scorch your table.... or if you are CenTex, set it on fire. 
    OK, I was wondering about that.  We had bought bricks and when they delivered it, it came with the paver.  I guess we'll be running out to buy those bricks again this weekend.  LOL

Jen

Lakeville, MN

·
  • SickEyeDiazSickEyeDiaz Posts: 161
    JenGang said:
    Mickey said:

We are in Minnesota.  Thank you for the welcome!

Well I'll be a monkeys uncle! I'm from MN too and just got mine on Saturday. Small world!

·
    bodski said:
    Welcome aboard. Love steelhead. How'd you prepare it?
    I just seasoned it with some lemon pepper and dill.  Cooked it direct, raised at about 300°. 

Jen

Lakeville, MN

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,265
    Welcome Jen and Gang.  Joining this forum was the best and worst thing I ever did!  Worst because I dive into things without looking where I'm gonna land - and in this case it's another obsessive hobby. Best because I'm eating like royalty. ;)  I am nola, and I'm an eggoholic.

·
  • HibbyHibby Posts: 456
    Welcome!
    Conservative stalwart in Thornville, Ohio
    ·
  • ambergirlambergirl Posts: 7
    Another Minnesotan here too!  Just got my Large last month. 
    Woodbury, MN. Large BGE
    ·