Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

SURVEY!!! What is the "ONE" food item that you absolutely abhor???

Comments

• NEWB_IN_NOLANEWB_IN_NOLA Posts: 124
    Steamed broccoli tastes awful.   Surprised by all the liver haters.  
    "America has only three cities: New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland." -Tennessee Williams
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,470
    Another vote against green bell peppers. I get a nearly allergic reaction. Cramps. Quick visits to the porcelain throne.  I'm not one of the multitude that accepts them as readily as onions.

Cilantro is a close second.
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,442
    Anchovy.

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • BrotherEggBrotherEgg Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    Brussel Sprouts and, believe it or not, Peanut Butter

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,113
    McStew said:
    Balut eggs - look it up if you don't know what it is - I'm forced to eat it every year when the mother in law comes into town
    I looked it up.  Add that to my list. :-&
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    No way in hell anybody could force me to eat balut eggs.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,845
    cazzy said:
    I still got nothin'.
    Tall people eating good food?   :-??
    @Cazzy - Ya know, just regular height people eating good food could apply for LS. 
    I wil jump on the hate liver, tripe and most organ meat bandwagon, unless it is a good Guinnes  steak and kidney pie, mostly because you can't taste the kidney. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    thought of another one...sea urchin.  bleck   Also not a big fan of uranium.

I pretty much like all food...
    Bro - glad to have you back.  I love that stuff, can't understand why (it is disgidting).  Get spicy uni handrolls all the time.  Am drunk most times ordering, but whatevs...
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,037
    @IrishDevl - good to be back, thanks mon.  I love sushi - eat just about anything except the uni, eel (because the sweet sauce) and the octopus (because it's weird eating something smarter than you are)...

·
  • FortodayFortoday Posts: 94
    Bald eagle and owl meat
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,795
    I'm pretty much omnivorous... If it isn't marked with a skull & crossbones, I'd probably try it. Especially if there are drinks to go along with it...

Though those balut eggs... might have to fire it down like a sea urchin shot.
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    McStew said:
    Balut eggs - look it up if you don't know what it is - I'm forced to eat it every year when the mother in law comes into town
    New item added to my list in case any sick a$$  ever brings any my way, sorry for you McStew
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,176
    I have yet to come across something unpalatable. Perhaps 100 year eggs. That sounds absolutely disgusting. I love me some gross things and will never turn something down.
    ·
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    @nolaegghead - hate Spanish makeral sushi and big egg fish roe ( whatever it is called) nasty.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,286
    I still got nothin.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • bo_mullbo_mull Posts: 323
    Celery, Cant stand the stuff

Cleveland, TN.

LG BGE, PSWOO2, Stoker WIFI.

·
    IrishDevl said:
    @nolaegghead - hate Spanish makeral sushi and big egg fish roe ( whatever it is called) nasty.
    I love that sh*t. ;)

·
  • SookieSookie Posts: 183

The first thought that comes to mind is mushrooms.  I have to agree with all the liver and canned tuna haters too though. 

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,404
    I still got nothin.
    Are we padding the ol point counter ???
    =))

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214

Liver and cucumbers

Lol I love liver pâté on cucumber slices!

Lynnwood WA
    ·
    hooo boy you gonna love liver if you try some dem cajun BOUDIN!

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,808
    I can't think of anything. I like it all.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Egg salad **gag**. Love liver!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    ·
  • IronEgg55IronEgg55 Posts: 8
    Tomatoes and milk.
    ·
  • BoilereggerBoileregger Posts: 324
    Mushrooms. Why would anyone want to eat fungus?

I also hate olives.
    ·
  • For me it's Hominy can't stand the taste .
    ·
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    As much as I want to like them I just to enjoy olives. I can eat them but don't enjoy them. Ok with pretty much everything else I have ever try.
    ·
  • Green beans!!!! Green beans are my arch nemesis. My mother tormented me with them for years swearing that they would "help my bowel movements".
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
    ·
  • JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
    Curry 

BARF
    ·
  • LowflyerLowflyer Posts: 748
    English peas!!
    ·