Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tonight's meal

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Started out with the michelata. My first attempt. Lessons learned were to fill the glass with ice, mix the drink and go heavy on the chipotle chile powder rim coating. What goes good with a Mexican cocktail....? Polish sausage.

Cut the onions and peppers
evo and a litlle garlic...dash of worchestershire
Indirect at about 400 dome
The selection of sausages at Publix was less than desirable so i drove to my butcher...Polish sausages
We were supposed to eat at six o'clock, try eight
I like to half the hoagie rolls and then "hollow" them out. More room for fixings and less bread. Threw cheese on them and into the oven to melt the cheese.
Finally.
Watching Daddy cook...hoping that I drop some.

All in all a great meal. I've been up for 24 hours but just had to cook. I am starting to do more of each meal on the egg. The wife usually does the veggies and i grill the sausages. Thought i'd try something i haven't done before. I used my cast iron dutch oven....which i invented.

It just hit me. I'm so tired i can't hold my head up and i'm posting food pics...(wife rolling eyes)

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Wow, that looks awesome!! I would murder that sausage sammie! I really need to get a Dutch Oven. What size is it?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Looks great. I love daddy's little helper.
    Duncan, SC
  • chris123stock
    chris123stock Posts: 664
    looks awsome I hope the pooch got some.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Great looking cook and cute little helper.
    You invented cast iron? :))

Long days lead to kooky thoughts. Get some rest and enjoy.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    good work.  love michelada's.  theres a mexican food place about 45 mins away that has the best one's Ive ever had.  great hair of the dog drink.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Nice job, its about time we had a cooking thread.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Great cook! I will have to remember hollowing the bread out.
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • henapple said:
    Started out with the michelata. My first attempt. Lessons learned were to fill the glass with ice, mix the drink and go heavy on the chipotle chile powder rim coating. What goes good with a Mexican cocktail....? Polish sausage.

Cut the onions and peppers
    evo and a litlle garlic...dash of worchestershire
    Indirect at about 400 dome
    The selection of sausages at Publix was less than desirable so i drove to my butcher...Polish sausages
    We were supposed to eat at six o'clock, try eight
    I like to half the hoagie rolls and then "hollow" them out. More room for fixings and less bread. Threw cheese on them and into the oven to melt the cheese.
    Finally.
    Watching Daddy cook...hoping that I drop some.

All in all a great meal. I've been up for 24 hours but just had to cook. I am starting to do more of each meal on the egg. The wife usually does the veggies and i grill the sausages. Thought i'd try something i haven't done before. I used my cast iron dutch oven....which i invented.

It just hit me. I'm so tired i can't hold my head up and i'm posting food pics...(wife rolling eyes)

"wife rolling eyes"...........get in line, Tony
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760

Great awesome cook.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• frankc623
    frankc623 Posts: 168
    That looks amazing! 
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

You are so not creative! You stole the recipe for a michelada from a blog I looked at last week! How dare you! =))

Seriously though, I saw the michelada and thought you were going to go Tex-Mex on us. You threw me for a loop, but I'd have been happy with the drink and those sausages last night. Heck, what am I talking about? I'd take one right now. Due to the threat of tornadoes, Mrs. G cooked some brats and sauerkraut on the oversized clock box in the kitchen last night. Good, but not egged. :(

Cute pooch. I've always liked those dogs and the way they look like they have a monster mustache and goatee.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I don't cook sausages with peppers.  The peppers will end up way overcooked.  

Just kidding man...that is a great looking dinner!   The finished sausage rolls look mighty tasty.  I like the idea of using hollered out hoagies. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I love me some Michelada's. When I was in Houston visiting my FIL a few years ago he took me to Mambo's and I had fried red snapper as the "catch of the day" with the "Mambo Chelada".

So awesome. I brought a bottle of mix home with me, love the stuff.