Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tried some wings

Attempted some wings last week, they turned out great, a lemon pepper, and the other was a sweety and spicy mixture. Going to have to do those more often now, kids loved them.

imageimageimage
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Lookin good. I think wings are my favorite Egg cook....
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Egghead_Daron
    Egghead_Daron Posts: 862
    What temp did you go and how long?
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    What temp did you go and how long?

About 350, and to be honest i dont recall how long they were on for, I left them on till they became crispy, we dont like gummy wings. I will have to document the time in the future. It was enough time for a good 3 rums im sure. 45min to an hour maybe? Sorry.
  • AlbertaEgger

I cranked it up at the end for a little as well, to 450 I think. I am probably not doing it right, but they did turn out. I just didnt have time that day to look up how others have done wings.

• Egghead_Daron
    They look great! That is why I asked. I don't like gummy wings either. If they aren't a little crispy, they aren't right as far as I am concerned. I have not done wings yet and this may be the push I needed to do it.
    Columbus IN
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Nice looking wings, but you know the sticky gummy can be good if it is the right flavor - Cazzy's wings are one of our favorites. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1147925
    If you like them crispy, try this:
    Wash and dry wings, lay them on a platter single layer deep, dust with baking powder or corn starch. Sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours, overnight is better. 
    SWMBO thought they were deep fried. 
    Cook is indirect 400-425 (preferred) or raised direct 350-400. 
    Take off the grill and toss in sauce of choice. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • AlbertaEgger
    Nice looking wings, but you know the sticky gummy can be good if it is the right flavor - Cazzy's wings are one of our favorites. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1147925
    If you like them crispy, try this:
    Wash and dry wings, lay them on a platter single layer deep, dust with baking powder or corn starch. Sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours, overnight is better. 
    SWMBO thought they were deep fried. 
    Cook is indirect 400-425 (preferred) or raised direct 350-400. 
    Take off the grill and toss in sauce of choice. 

GREAT, thanks for the info Skiddymarker!
  • Egghead_Daron
    +1 on the thanks @skiddymarker! Jut copied that to the Egg recipes to try list.
    Columbus IN