Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.


In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Is it done??

At 4am, my boston butts hit 190, but my dome temp was falling. I ran out of charcoal. I was too lazy to replenish the charcoal until 7am. The internal temp fell to 130. It's been almost 2 hours with new charcoal at 225 and the internal temp is holding at 150. Should I wait longer?

Comments

  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 9,753
    Never been down this road but if bone-in then check the bone for ease of pull.  If getting resistance then not done-if no bone option, then your scenario sounds like an abbreviated reheat.  Butt won't pull til it gets into the 190's-low 200's so I would rehaet in the BGE and then pull.  One other option is to pick one up and if it's falling apart then you can pull and reheat when ready to serve.  Just some opinions and we all know what those are worth...
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    ABC- 
  • Iam1056Iam1056 Posts: 16
    Would you reheat to 190 before trying to pull the bone? Btw, there's two 9.5#ers, bone in.
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 9,753

    Check the bone resistance now so you can get an idea of what route you need to take to get these to the point where you can pull them.

    Louisville;  L & S BGEs 
    Pit Barrel Cooker
    ABC- 
  • Iam1056Iam1056 Posts: 16
    Ok thanks!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.