Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Rib Cook

Options

I’ve had my XL for a few weeks and decided it was time to tackle some back ribs from Costco.  I coated the ribs with EVOO and Dizzy Dust.  I then cooked them for 5 ½ hours at 250.  I used the plate setter, Woo2 ring, and the stock grate.  I wanted to experiment with the sauce so I tried two different Sweat Baby Ray’s sauce and one rack without sauce.  I let them go another 30 minutes after adding the sauce.

This was my first low and slow with the BGE.  I started the Ozark Oak with a single starter block placed in the middle of the lump which was contained by a lump reducing ring.  I was surprised at how easy it was to get it steady at 250 and it stayed there for the entire cook.  Pure Awesomeness!

The ribs tasted great and had the perfect tenderness.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics but after 6 hours of drinking…. I mean cooking, I didn’t feel like getting the camera out.

North Texas

XL and Small BGE

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,863
    Options
    Those may be cell phone pics, but they sure convey enough information for us to know that you have some great ribs there.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX