Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Need help, cooking sheep?

savysavy Posts: 15
Hi guys, need some help cooking this sheep chop, it's my first time? Been reading alot on the forum. Any advice, thank you.  

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I don't eat much lamb, but my wife and MIL do.  I treat them like a steak, S&P and cook them rare, seared direct.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,742
    Côtelettes d'agneau is lamb, côtelettes de mouton is sheep. They look like lamb from here. Hot to 125 to 130 or they hot tub great.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• savysavy Posts: 15
    Yes, they told me it was (côtelettes de mouton) sheep. Am going to try them like a steak, I will post some picture. 
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,869
    Cook them hot and fast to rare.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,742
    Mutton is a lot tougher than lamb. Still it's a loin cut so shouldn't be too bad

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• savysavy Posts: 15
    Here's the picture, that was really good. Left it a bit too long, but they where really good. 550 degree, 5 minutes each side.