Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Eggin' For Cinco De Mayo

Options
r270ba
r270ba Posts: 763
Well it is this Sunday but I am going to be celebrating Cinco De Fortho (that would be Saturday) by watching the Derby and making some fajitas on the egg.  What are you cooking for this glorious non American occasion?

Anderson, SC
XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Still not too sure. Probably have to stray from Mexican cuisine as I made fajitas two nights ago. We will see. Hoping to get inspiration from this thread.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • rustypotts
    rustypotts Posts: 265
    Options
    I might do a take off on the theme.  Think I'll do ribs and Mojitos.  Ribs because my wife bought some nice ones today and Mojitos because I'd like to usher in the spring and the Mojito is a summer tie favorite and it has a Latin flair........and also because I have sworn off Tequila!  And a Mojito is basically a Mint Julep with Rum.
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    Kielbasa

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited May 2013
    Options
    r270ba said: Well it is this Sunday but I am going to be celebrating Cinco De Fortho (that would be Saturday) by watching the Derby and making some fajitas on the egg.  What are you cooking for this glorious non American occasion?

Fajitas are not Mexican, they're Tex-Mex.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options

Had a bunch of skirt steak in freezer now thawing for Sunday.  Fajitas.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

r270ba said:

Well it is this Sunday but I am going to be celebrating Cinco De Fortho (that would be Saturday) by watching the Derby and making some fajitas on the egg.  What are you cooking for this glorious non American occasion?

Omg... Don't get him started.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    burbon marinated pork tenderloin, black eyed peas, turnip greens and cornbread. 
    And mint juleps
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Yeah I saw that mint juleps got some attention on +

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited May 2013
    Options
    henapple said:

r270ba said:

Omg... Don't get him started.

Well, he is right.
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    I'll be at my oldest son's baseball games tomorrow....So it'll be pretzels with cheese and hot dogs and the baseball field
    Large BGE

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Options
    2 Briskets!!! Over 20lbs of heaven
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    I'm hoping to get some time to go to Central Market and get some picanha.  We'll see. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Chorizo Chile, Spatchcoked Chicken with a Cummin Chile rub.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    I'm doing a brisket, not exactly mex or tex-mex!

I've been thinking through a chicken enchilada casserole that is pulled smoked chicken in a cast iron skillet. ??

SWMBO is from Mexico so we'll do something traditional tomorrow. Even if it's Carta Blanca
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • CigarSmokinEgger
    Options

I did a bottom round roast yesterday along with the BBQ sauce from the Aaron Franklin thread.  Did the beef indirect at 300 until internal was 125.  Amazed at how tender and moist it was!  Sauce was good but may want to tweak a bit, sweet and tangy, tasty!

That will leave plenty of leftovers for just me and my wife, so not sure she'll even get fired up :(

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Cooking nothing special but I will tip a Corona beer to Ignacio Zaragoza, the native Texan and Mexican army leader that led his troops to victory over the French in the State Puebla on that date in 1862.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx