Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for a good chicken breast recipe? whats your go to chicken recipe?

Options
Also do you do direct or indirect?

Comments

• Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Options

I grill mine direct at 350. I also raise my grid with the Spider from the ceramic grill store. I use the Raging River rub or the original TX BBQ Rub. Take them off when they are 160 internal temp. Also during cooking, I baste them with an Italian Dressing/melted butter mixture that I whip up. Gives them a good flavor.

• HogHeaven
    HogHeaven Posts: 326
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I cook direct at above normal grid level for breasts. If you are cooking bone in and with skin on just cook them at 350 degrees just like most recipes call for in your indoor oven. It will take 30 to 40 minutes. If you are using boneless skinless breasts. Cover them with cling wrap and pounds them down so they are the same thickness all over or the skinny tail will be too done by the time the thick end is cooked to 160 degrees. Here is my favorite sauce and marinade for both pork chops and chicken parts. I love the flavor of this sauce and marinate. With chicken I don't make the dipping sauce. I do use the dipping sauce with pork chops. Try it you might like it. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-mongolian-pork-chops/detail.aspx
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Brine with salt and sugar for 2 hrs. Sous Vide at 147 for an hour or more and finish with Reverse sear when I'm ready to eat them. I like tsunami spin, raging river, salt and pepper and Greek seasoning.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • legend502
    Options
    these are all great thank you. I will post pics later.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Brining is important, i use a Broaster product called "chickite" for six hours minimum.  Season with Lawery's Poultry Seasoning.  Cook at 350 stabilized degrees, direct, at gasket level to a internal temperature of 160 turning once, 15 minute rest and serve.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    How about stuffing them? I finally tried it last weekend and they were awesome! 

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    For a simple boneless, skinless breast, I like S and P, and some Lemon Herb seasoning, done raised direct at 375 - 400. Nice tender, juicy and flavorful.
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Options
    Brining is very important.  I use a "lite" brine, around 3.5% salt solution.  (35 grams salt per liter h2o), one of the old timers on greeneggers taught me this.  Then I add a bit of my favorite marinade 3-4 oz and a few splashes of what ever else I feel like.  Cool this solution to refrigerator temps before placing the breasts in and then brine breasts for 2-3 hours.  I usually dust with a coat of my favorite dry rub and then I go indirect, 400-450 until 160 internal.  Use a lite fruit smoke wood (apple, cherry, peach etc).  Yum.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN