Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Attach a file question....

HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
edited April 2013 in Off Topic
On my iPad I have a huge catalog of my cooking pictures. When I press on the attach a file option A window opens that says choose file. I press on that thinking it is going to open my picture file but... It does nothing. Anyone know why that is?
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,716
    You must load from a third party like photo bucket. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,144
    edited April 2013
    yep- from an iDevice you'll need photbucket or another photo sharing site. I use photobucket. Download that and upload all your images to photobucket. Once they are uploaded, you can go in to your albums at any time and tap the pic you want to select. Once that pic is selected, tap the "i" button on the lower right part of the screen and a box will pop up with 4 different file links. Tap the "html" file and it will copy the link. Then you can paste that link anywhere in your post and the image will embed there....phew

a lot to digest. Get photobucket and post back. We'll walk you through

·
  • Greeno55Greeno55 Posts: 495
    It's strange HogHeavan, on my iPad when I hit Attach a file, Choose File, then Choose existing, I get all my photo albums and photo stream. What version is your iOS? I have 6.1.3
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
    ·
  • ok- so here are some screen shots taht will help you out: This is the album screen in photobucket. It has all the images you have downloaded from any device. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos tap on any of those photos and it will look like this: Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos You will see the "i" on the bottom right of the screen. Tap it and it brings up this: click on the HTML code and it will say "copied html code" Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos You can then just tap anwhere in your post and paste that code in and it will embed the image.

·
  • HogHeavenHogHeaven Posts: 264
    Greeno55 said:
    It's strange HogHeavan, on my iPad when I hit Attach a file, Choose File, then Choose existing, I get all my photo albums and photo stream. What version is your iOS? I have 6.1.3

I looked in my settings and it says I have 5.1.1
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,037
    Greeno55 said:
    This is the the way I post pics as well. I am using and iPad 3. I was not able to post pics from my iPad until about ios6 or so

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
    This is what I see when I hit "choose file".

image.jpg 93.4K

·
  • image Hey! I was able to attach without photobucket too. I think that may be newere to the forum. God that saves me a lot of PITA. Thanks guys
    image.jpg 1.6M

·
    Now I wont feel so bad when I ask brisket questions :D

·
  • Now I wont feel so bad when I ask brisket questions :D
    ha!

·
    edited April 2013
    Now I wont feel so bad when I ask brisket questions :D

A man that is afraid to show his lack of knowledge by asking a valid question is doomed to eternal ignorance... So says HogHeaven!
    ·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Whoot goodbye photobucket
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
    edited April 2013
    I'm not a geek or computer expert but I can figure this out... Maybe. Thanks for the help.
    ·
    Test from iphone5. Posting from camera roll.

·
    Nice fish Travis...
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,847
    edited April 2013
    Ok @Travisstrick was that where my"Red Snapper" came from? No photobucket needed with iPad or iPhone.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,324
    I've also noted that photobucket shots, when viewed on my laptop, will not allow a zoom. Travis's post of "Mickey's snapper" can be zoomed, so something has changed - for the better. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,289
    edited April 2013
    Mudbugs athens eggfest
    That is way too cool
    image.jpg 3.2M
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
    edited April 2013
    Look, I found a pic of cen tex at salado.

·
    image.jpg 77.9K
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,253
    Was this his kid minding the brisket during SXSW?
    ·