Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Just a Simple T-Bone

First of all, i wish everyone one a good weekend coming up. Its going to be a beauty up here and things are finally starting to melt. Just posting some pics of a quick T-Bone supper the other night, steaks went on at around 650F direct, pretty quick cook. Spuds took about an hour at 350.indirect.

Have a good one!

imageimageimageimage
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,450
    My kind of meal AE. Nice!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Same here! The steaks cooked so damn fast I did not even get a chance to snap a pick while they were on! Lovin the Egg!
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,144
    T-Bone, crab legs with drawn butter and caramelized onions and taters, topped with 'shrooms; got it all there isn't anymore. That's not simple, that's perfect!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Very nice!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,412
    T-Bone, crab legs with drawn butter and caramelized onions and taters, topped with 'shrooms; got it all there isn't anymore. That's not simple, that's perfect!
    True true. If that is "just a quick supper from the other night" and is considered "simple"... I'm moving to his house.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,982
    Surf and turf! Nice!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • T-Bone, crab legs with drawn butter and caramelized onions and taters, topped with 'shrooms; got it all there isn't anymore. That's not simple, that's perfect!
    True true. If that is "just a quick supper from the other night" and is considered "simple"... I'm moving to his house.
    Plenty of room Eggcelsior, but you would have to bring your Egg and show me a few things. :D
    ·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,647
    That is one great looking plate! Man is it making me hungry. Great job.
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,666
    I have to stop looking at these pictures before lunch! Looks great.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,631
    That's an awesome cook.  My grandfather taught me how to grill by cooking T-bones over orange tree wood from his grove - in a wheelbarrow with a grate thrown over it.  For New Year's this year we carried on the tradition by using his wheelbarrow and cooking T-bones - and having my son his two teenage cousins do the cooking like their great-grandfather would have.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,561
    Hey AE so glad to hear spring is in the air out west. As a fellow canuck I feel we deserve some sunshine...damn winter is depressing!!!!   Love your cook... looks awesome:)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    @foghorn cool story

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,449
    Good job, nice pics.  Keep them coming.

Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • daffy1909daffy1909 Posts: 454
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmMMMM!!! :))
    ·
  • Way OT but just left the pub, 11 deg C here!! Headed to Volbeat concert! .....in a cab. Have a great night everyone! (Not to sure but I thinnk I may be spending the night in the city)....steak tomorrow on the egg again though!
    ·
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 2,631
    @shtgunal , thanks

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

·
  • Great T bone
    ·