Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado

Options
2»

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    It was very gusty yesterday and there were a few blow backs in the kilt department.  The fix was:
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I don't see any kilts

kinda weird you are so concerned about it. :))
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    It was wonderful putting faces to all the names.  Mickey puts on a great event..  Spring Chicken and Spring Hen tireless workers also
    VI thanks for the present, will let it age a while before using.  
    Cen-Tex that was the best SxSW brisket I have ever tasted.  We will see yall at the Austin fest...If you wind up traveling tell TFJ I will be her sous chef and she can be mine.
    I don't know the cigar's brand, but this was the first time I sat ever down wind and didn't have an asthmas attack...What was in those cigars?
    Travis it was great to see you and your family...that young man is getting big.  Sorry your dad didn't make it this year. 
    Nola you are a great DJ with a mean boom box.  Fleur you are a hoot put Plano on your calendar and be sure and bring Nola with you .....Stay at the hotel...makes crawling to the room so much easier.
    Henapple it was nice meeting you. Sorry you and Spring Hen were not felling well.
    We all had a great time party'n tasting and cooking.  Hope to see yall at the next fest.

I wonder how much Mickey and Will paid the guy next door for our late night festivities?  (He was a good neighbor)

and as of today, I am not traveling on the date of the Austin Fest. See you there.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    @cen-tex
    "and as of today, I am not traveling on the date of the Austin Fest. See you there." See you at the pre party the friday before. Yall should think about Athens next month. Another fun fest and if you are on the dockside you can go fishing while cooking.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Joan we invite the family next door each year. He was there Fri and Sat nights. Seemed to enjoy himself, hell how could he not.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    No wonder the cops are never called...Smart thinking.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    @cen-tex
    "and as of today, I am not traveling on the date of the Austin Fest. See you there." See you at the pre party the friday before. Yall should think about Athens next month. Another fun fest and if you are on the dockside you can go fishing while cooking.

I think I will spare the kind people of Athens my indignities. See you at Iguana on the 27th.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I will buy both of you a beer.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.