Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

rib membrane problems

Bought a pack of ribs at costco (swift brand). It looks like the membrane has already been removed. Is that typical? It is my first tume buying ribs at costco.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Yes. Costco always has membranes removed. It is their quality standard.
  • MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    I guess I do not have a membrane problem then. Thanks
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    We have found silvers on Costco ribs, those not packed under the "Swifts Premium" brand. As Eggcelsior says, for the past few months the Swifts packs all seem to have the silvers removed. Drove me nuts one morning as I frantically tried to remove something that wasn't there, once the coffee kicked in, it was all good.
    Picked some St Louis style ribs up at the Burlington Wa store, not Swifts, they had silvers. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Tyson's bought Swift Premium a few years back didn't they?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    My first ribs from Costco I spent about 30 minutes trying to remove the damn membrane that wasn't there...
    Lynnwood WA
  • biznork
    biznork Posts: 112
    That happened to me two weeks ago. Lol
  • chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    We have found silvers on Costco ribs, those not packed under the "Swifts Premium" brand. As Eggcelsior says, for the past few months the Swifts packs all seem to have the silvers removed. Drove me nuts one morning as I frantically tried to remove something that wasn't there, once the coffee kicked in, it was all good.
    Picked some St Louis style ribs up at the Burlington Wa store, not Swifts, they had silvers. 

double said:
    My first ribs from Costco I spent about 30 minutes trying to remove the damn membrane that wasn't there...

Okay glad it wasn't just me, I had same experience
    Large BGE Middletown, MD