Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado Important Info (for real)

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669

Please bring own plate sitter, adj rig, etc for items needed in cooking on demos.

http://whatyoushouldknowforsalado.blogspot.com/

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Mickey

OK, change # 17.92b6 (sub sect D)

Will have about 20 platesetters (still if you got one bring it is good) and asking that they be covered with foil to make it a little nicer for the buyer of the demo.I will try and have that done.

Thanks guys

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Mickey, are there going to be tables near where we cook or do I need to bring a portable table?
    edited March 2013
    nolaegghead There will be tables and I will also have tables for the party area. Good idea to bring a  folding chair for each.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Be there early if you want a table and or a decent spot.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • travisstrick
    I'll be there about 730
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'll be at the park Friday morning around 9am if anyone wants to split a case of beer.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    henapple said:
    I'll be at the park Friday morning around 9am if anyone wants to split a case of beer.

Nobody at the "Park" till Sat morning. We will be at "Inn on the Creek" Friday morning.

• henapple
    Damn Mickey...you didn't tell me that.
  • Mickey
    You and several named will be missing vast amounts of info given to others for the full safety of the mass.

• travisstrick
    I'll be around. Cases of beer are my favorite.
  • Mickey
    @travisstrick .... Travis I still have that bag of lump for you. Would you like me to bring it in or wait till Fest?

• travisstrick
    I'll come visit you tomorrow. You free?
  • Mickey
    Lunch?

• travisstrick
    You bet.
  • henapple
    If you'll drive to Burleson I'll buy lunch...
  • henapple said:
    Friday evening... it's on. I should be easy to spot there....I'll be the one people are chasing away from their beer coolers.
    BOOMER!
  • Mickey
    Guys coolers are fair game in Salado. Most just go to the closest cooler. Money & food are safe, but adult beverages have a short shelve life.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Mickey said:
    Guys coolers are fair game in Salado. Most just go to the closest cooler. Money & food are safe, but adult beverages have a short shelve life.

That's a great system.  I'll have a cooler full of assorted beers that I need to clean out of my fridge - assorted Belgian or Belgian-style beers, Alaskan Amber, Shiner Bock, etc.  I'm hoping to share it with new friends.  It will be interesting to find out which beer seems to pair best with Nola's vampire sausage.  I'm guessing it will be the cold free beer.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    We'll be stopping in to steal a few free beers sometime Friday on our way back to Dallas. Not sure when, but I'll give Mickey a heads up when we leave Austin.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Griffin said:

We'll be stopping in to steal a few free beers sometime Friday on our way back to Dallas. Not sure when, but I'll give Mickey a heads up when we leave Austin.

Good thinking buddy. Didn't want to have Travis get rough with you. Thanks

• Mickey
    edited March 2013
    Please bring camers and take pictures. The forum will like them as well as most of the trial lawers that are brought in over the next 12 months.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Does anybody else get the idea that the main purpose of this weekend's festivities is to improve the municipal budget for Salado? Mickey, has word of the speed traps spread far enough that you need to turn to other methods to raise funds to cover police salaries? :)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Foghorn said:
    Does anybody else get the idea that the main purpose of this weekend's festivities is to improve the municipal budget for Salado? Mickey, has word of the speed traps spread far enough that you need to turn to other methods to raise funds to cover police salaries? :)
    Agreed. They will be deputizing locals. I see a lot of Barney Fife's running around.

• henapple
    Hopefully they'll only have one bullet...in their pocket
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Cooked up a bunch of the vampire sausage last night with a tri-tip for a few buddies visiting from out of town....reviews are good, so I'm bringing a bunch of it. 
    edited March 2013
    We are bring a six pak of assorted wines for the friday and saturday nite.  Anyone into the after diner ports?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey

FoghornEggcelsior God that is the Salado PD. We do invite them to eat.

nolaeggheadAustin Egghead I hold the Fest just to be able to attend the pre & post party.

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Mickey
    And your parties are one of the best.., but then Hornhonk, Big Al and BBq outfitters parties are not too shabby either. 
    Our motto should be "We cook to have parties"
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    edited March 2013
    Travis and I went to lunch at a Korean place in Killeen ( 1 of 112 Korean places in Killeen). The boy can eat. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• travisstrick
    Travis looks like he has been drinking. I assure you he has not.