Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sigh.... not another mini thread, Turbo Pulled Pork

SkinnyV
SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
I know another thread but  I liked the end result. I will reel it in going forward. Pulled pork 4.25lb butt 350 dome for 3.5 hrs. @ 2.5 hours hit 160 and foiled for the last hr. I actually pulled @ 3:15  reading 190 - 195 but wife and kids had to eat so the rest was short. Home made slaw, and my first time with some premium BBQ sauce I think I saw in a Mickey thread. Mickey you done good , you done good, you have made this mini a joy to have.

Hey good thing the Mini is gimmicky (per store sales reps) haha.

image       image

Getting good at this home made slaw now.

This sauce was Boss! new customer here for sure!
imageimage

Seattle, WA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Man did you do good. Wow
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I found a farm nearby that sells forested Berkshire pork. The butts are normally 4-5 pounds. That gimmick sounds like a match made in heaven!

That looks like some really good Carolina q dude. Now you just need to fry up some hushpuppies. I'll bring sweet tea.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks great, perfect cook to make for a crowd with the mini! I love these posts of stuffing the little eggs full of great food!  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Very nice! I don't get tired of seeing cooks like that.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • If the sigh was because you thought we would be bored...Think again!  Great cook!  The only sigh I have is of envy!  Well done sir!  Also, it's nice to see I'm not the only one whose house has ubiquitous children's toys too! 

Flint, Michigan
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Bring on the MINI cook @SkinnyV !! I know I love seeing them. Thanks for sharing that one. Looks awesome.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• rustypotts
    rustypotts Posts: 265
    Great cook.....keep 'em coming.  I am always looking for new ideas for the mini.
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    LOVE the mini cooks. Don't stop! How was the bark? Did you refuel or have any charcoal left? 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    I found a farm nearby that sells forested Berkshire pork. The butts are normally 4-5 pounds. That gimmick sounds like a match made in heaven! That looks like some really good Carolina q dude. Now you just need to fry up some hushpuppies. I'll bring sweet tea.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but the mention of hush puppies made me dig out my recipe to make some. Here it is. The self rising corn meal is had to find out west, we order it from Mississippi.

BillyRay's HUSH-PUPPY RECIPE

2 c  self-rising corn meal mix
    1/2 c self rising flour
    2 eggs
    3 tsp baking powder
    4 TBS sugar
    2/3 c chopped onions
    dash of salt and pepper
    Chopped Jalepino(optional)
    3/4 to 1c buttermilk(buttermilk is a must)

Mix dry ingredients, eggs and onion.  Stir in enough buttermilk to make a
    firm batter.  Let sit for at least 1/2 hour, do not stir again. Spoon into hot
    oil. 

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Turbo, the new old way to BBQ. 
    Depending on the size of course, but for the smaller butts on a medium, I tend to go all day low and slow. The larger butts we go turbo and the reaction is the same - great. We serve much like your presentation (although mine never looked so good - great job) or with lots of BBQ sauce and no slaw. 
    With turbo in the cooking quiver, no more overnighters. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    jlsm said:

LOVE the mini cooks. Don't stop! How was the bark? Did you refuel or have any charcoal left? 

Not sure I had bark, had some more burned parts not sure I really know the difference. My mini is a mess since waiting on replacement, its cracked , no gasket, and noticed the dome is not even properly sitting for a seal( the back is not aligned up right) so there are gaps everywhere.
    That being said I've still done low and slow and this lasted just fine with the short time on one fill.
    Seattle, WA
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    You're still waiting for a new base? Shame on them. The more burned parts are the bark. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023