Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Best BBQ in Salado/Belton

Options
Foghorn
Foghorn Posts: 9,832
If one were to want to dine out for BBQ while visiting the Salado/Belton area, where would you locals recommend? Schoepf's? Backyard BBQ? Other?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Schoepf's in Belton or Johnny's in Salado
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    Foghorn  When are you coming to town?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Foghorn
    Options
    Mickey said:

Foghorn  When are you coming to town?

Probably Thursday evening.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Options

Foghorn   If Thur evening you must go to Johnnys in Salado. All you can eat ribs and they are good for $9..... When i have Toyota people in they wait till Thur so we can go to lunch over there.

• Foghorn
    Options
    Excellent! Thanks!

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Options
    Where are you staying?

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Shoepfs is the best I know of. The beef ribs are my favorite.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Mickey said:

Where are you staying?

Stagecoach Inn.

San Antonio, TX

• Mickey
    Options
    I will be overat Inn on the Creek setting up fou Fri/Sat night party's from early Fri on.

• Foghorn
    Options
    Cool. I'm still trying to sort out an agenda for Thursday and Friday that will be a good time for my son (age 15). We are trout fishing on the Guadalupe Thursday morning. The rest is still up in the air.

San Antonio, TX

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Mickey...if i can get there Friday morning I'll give you a hand.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Options

henapple

Thank you.  You are staying at the Inn? Correct????

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Yes. I said I'd give you a hand. Everyone likes to be clapped for while they work... :))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN