Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

handy for pouring in charcoal and cleaning out ash

Options
saw this on some invention show a few months back. after blowing black snot (wind shifted on me as I was filling the egg) I am considering grabbing one of these for BBQ days :)

I don't know if I can part with freaking $40 for a t-shirt though. pricey. 

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Dumping lump is about as close as I ever want to get to experiencing what coal miners must tolerate, have no idea how they do it. I'm lucky that there is usually a mild breeze (thermal) near my egg so when I dump, I am up wind - still I take a deep breath, dump and then run away. 
    Why not just keep an M95 mask close to your lump storage?

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • scottc454
    scottc454 Posts: 94
    Options
    Just hold your breath instead of buying some ugly shirt. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Bandana? Would be less expensive than the shirt. You could even get a green one! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I will either dump and run or do it by hand. 

For some reason that sentence doesn't sound right to me. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Just finished of a bag of Ozark yesterday and i noticed as i dumped the remnants hardly any dust....good stuff.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I will either dump and run or do it by hand. 

For some reason that sentence doesn't sound right to me. 
    I think its the "do it by hand" part...

[sorry, couldn't resist. Is there a penalty box or something i should make my way to?]

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Just as @henapple said I use Ozark Oak as well and never have any issues, even at the end of a bag there is a tiny amount of dust.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • jimreed777
    jimreed777 Posts: 324
    Options
    I usually put my shirt up over my face...that didn't quite do the trick this last time. Seeing the black snot was a little off-putting considering I had to have inhaled some of that into my lungs. The thing is, I did also hold my breath until I thought the "cloud" of dust had gone away.

Anyway, I am going to keep a mask with my egg stuff for now. like I said, I think $40 is a bit steep for that shirt...but some of you people have like 5 eggs...so what is another $40 :)