Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Many Eggheads also have a Gas Grill?

If you have one, do you still use it? I have a LBGE and use it all the time. My FireMagic gas grill use is WAY down since I got the Egg. I think I want a Mini but do I really need it since I would be using it only to grill things. 

Thanks,

Springram
Spring, Texas
LBGE and Mini

Comments

• rholt
    rholt Posts: 392
    I just sold my 4 burner gas grill. Didn't know what I was missing till I got the egg.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    They still make gas grills?  =))

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    mine went to my parents. they'll never get into using charcoal and their gas grill was on its last legs.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    This is last time I saw mine. Someone nabbed it before the trash ran. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Mine rotted and then I threw it out.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Gave the gasser away, it was just in the way.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I burned my house down with mine. It melted. I replaced it with a few more eggs

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Perhaps the question goes along the lines of "How many had a gasser?"  Guilty-went from weber charcoal to the gasser after SWMBO bought it over my objections-"When I'm too old for charcoal then I'll go to the gas grill".  I didn't get a vote-and danced with the two for too many years-wanted to get into smoking foods and went cheap-i.e. water/gasser.  Too much work-landed with the BGE.  Best move I ever made in the cooking realm :)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DubbsBBQ
    DubbsBBQ Posts: 23
    Had a one year old stainless weber genesis. Sold it to buy a second egg!
    XL, LG, mini (soon)
  • Mickey said:

All that's left of it.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

A beautiful picture indeed
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • I haven't gotten rid of my old grills yet.  I have a Weber kettle with a Smokenator that gets very little use, a Weber Silver gasser, that gets no use and my Dad's Weber gasser that Wilma uses from time to time.  Prolly should thin out the herd this year.   
    Flint, Michigan
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I still have my four burner with two infrared burner stainless.  I use it to do grilled veggies when i don't have room on my large egg.  I have also used it a few times to re-heat large numbers of pork butts for big parties..
  • Grambler
    Grambler Posts: 153
    I still do. When I want to cook 150 wings at once, it comes in handy. Otherwise it's useless now.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited March 2013
    My old 4 burner gasser serves as a staging area for my adjustable rig and other grates when they aren't in the eggs. Hasn't been on once since I got my large
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    I have a gas grill that Ive had for 10 years or more.  I still use it quite often.  Its a nice backup for quick meals.  I prefer to cook on my egg, but dont always have the time.  If my gas grill broke or wore out, I would replace it with another.

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I still have my gas grill. I don't use it that often, but I'll occasionally use it for beer brats. I'm a little too protective of my XL Egg.  I won't use it in the rain, so I use the gasser when the weather is nasty and I don't want to subject my Egg to it.
    I would prefer to use nothing but my Egg, but the gasser provides a nice option if the situation arises.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    I still have a six burner that is used to season woks & CI cookware. I use the side burner for starting a chimney on occasion. Mostly use it for storage but really need to clean it up, sell it, and work on a cooking area with more storage & seating. The Mini & Small Eggs killed my usage of the gasser for quick cooks.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    Still have a weber kettle, summit, and Q. The Q is going on Craiglist soon. I still like having the summit for hot dogs, toasting buns, veggies, etc. I also use it for my Griddle Q, which doesn't fit on my LBGE. My dilemma with the gasser though is it needs the burners and V bars replaced. Not an inconsequential expense.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Still have a weber kettle, summit, and Q. The Q is going on Craiglist soon. I still like having the summit for hot dogs, toasting buns, veggies, etc. I also use it for my Griddle Q, which doesn't fit on my LBGE. My dilemma with the gasser though is it needs the burners and V bars replaced. Not an inconsequential expense.
    That's what happened to me.  Needed the hose blown out and new burners, just told the wife it was broke and took the lazy way out buying a $700 egg instead of 75$ burners. 

XLBGE 
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Sold mine in a yard sale about a month after I got my Egg
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Mickey said:
    All that's left of it. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Better be careful @Mickey you could trip over that after a few adult beverages!
    =))
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    That's what happened to me.  Needed the hose blown out and new burners, just told the wife it was broke and took the lazy way out buying a $700 egg instead of 75$ burners. 
    You and I seem to have the same thought process. Much more fun ...
    LBGE and Mini
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Still have mine and it had been so long since I took cover off I looked at it the other day. There was a hole in the cover from squirrels I am assuming. Then there was an old bird nest inside the hole of the cover on top of the side table. Been two years since I have even taken cover off. Thinking about cutting the legs off of it and mounting it on my back porch where a built in charcoal grill resides right now.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • chainsaw19
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    I use mine to store extra grates and equipment, until I make a nice table seemed like a good use for the gasser. As far as cooking on it, only once since October when I got my large egg. It might disappear next yard sale because it is a pretty expensive storage unit at this point
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    I got my egg bc a tree fell on my infrared gasser
    Boom
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    I have a weber gasser. Used it once since I got my BGE last summer.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • mb99zz
    mb99zz Posts: 183
    edited March 2013
    I have a Weber that I love and still use. I tend to only use it during the week when the wife gives me cooking duty with a short turn around.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    I still have mine but I haven't used it since I got the egg.  I'm hard-pressed to imagine what I'd use it for, except for the occasional cook-out where I need to cook up a lot of stuff quickly.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    So.... if I have a gasser for grilling, any need for a Mini if all I would use it for would be for "high and fast cooks"?   

Ha ha ....still hope to win a Mini at Salado!, no matter what!

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini