Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Egg has "The Drip"

I use a CyberQ Wifi on an XL. For those not familiar with the setup, a fan blows ambient air into a short cylinder attached to the bottom vent of the egg. When it's very cold outside (below zero F), and the egg is hot, I can occasionally see intermittent dripping coming down from the fan/vent area. On this particular day I saw this frozen greasy "thimble-looking" thing on the ground after a long overnight cook. I think that the exact position of it under the vent is too much of a coincidence for it to have slid out of the fan connection when I removed the fan, although it looks like the approximate width of the fan tube. It was standing upright where it was, so I don't know what to think about where it came from.

The last photo is a closeup inside the kitchen as it starts to melt. It was a greasy, frozen unidentified mass. 

Thoughts?
Small (hatched 6/13/2015)
XL (hatched 4/21/2012)
CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ
Northern CA

Comments