Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My Egg has "The Drip"

I use a CyberQ Wifi on an XL. For those not familiar with the setup, a fan blows ambient air into a short cylinder attached to the bottom vent of the egg. When it's very cold outside (below zero F), and the egg is hot, I can occasionally see intermittent dripping coming down from the fan/vent area. On this particular day I saw this frozen greasy "thimble-looking" thing on the ground after a long overnight cook. I think that the exact position of it under the vent is too much of a coincidence for it to have slid out of the fan connection when I removed the fan, although it looks like the approximate width of the fan tube. It was standing upright where it was, so I don't know what to think about where it came from.

The last photo is a closeup inside the kitchen as it starts to melt. It was a greasy, frozen unidentified mass. 

Thoughts?
XL BGE w/CyberQ Wifi, KCBS CTC CBJ

Comments