Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My table is finally home and egged! (lots of pics)

Comments

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,336
    I especially like the matching grain across the front drawers.  Your cabinet guy is good!
    That's one of my favorite things too!  I thought it was a nice touch.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    I have the large and small eggs just like yours :D
    I see. :)  I'll get back w/ you once I hear from him.
  • bevgbevg Posts: 9
    Gorgeous!!!!
    Large BGE - Northern California
  • EllisEllis Posts: 193
    Travis how can you pass on a camera like that ( free shipping ) what a deal. Now I know why I don't post pics.

• Very Nice table!!!
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,910
    Really nice table and I love the custom stand and ash shoots. About to make a batch of your wing sauce to sit in the fridge so its good to go for some football watching this weekend!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • DonWWDonWW Posts: 264
    That is insane.  EggEnvy....  Congrats.
    XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.
  • Man, this table is outta this world nice.
  • Ellis said:
    Travis how can you pass on a camera like that ( free shipping ) what a deal. Now I know why I don't post pics.
    It's late and I've been drinking so bare with me. What camera?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • jbates67jbates67 Posts: 160
    This has got to be one of the nicest looking tables that I have seen. I particularly like the stands you made for the eggs. Excellent work.
  • Absolutely Beautiful, a show piece to be proud of
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,585
    Caz how is TE ash chute mounted? I have an old set of fireplace tools I want to make a chute with.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • I Want One!!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE
  • Very nice.
  • I want one!!!
    Thanks guys! I will need to circle back with the blacksmith and see if he still can produce these. So far, only me and Travis have the stands. Let me know if you are interested in a stand or a stand w/ a chute and i'll follow up with Charles.

Chubbs...they have circular pieces of metal welded underneath that connect to something that looks like a nut.

• Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Awesome!
  • bobroobobroo Posts: 17
    Yes! The world needs a better table nest and ash slide!
    If it's brown, it's cook'in....If it's black, it's done ---my Grandfather     Medium BGE
  • Awesome setup!
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • I am at a loss for words!
  • Wow, what a table.  I've got table envy when comparing this to my homemade beverly hillbilly contraption of a table.  I'd be interested in the stand and chute also.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• SoMdEggHeadSoMdEggHead Posts: 9
    edited February 2013
    Cazzy, Any word on the Nests and ash chutes? I would be interested in 2 of them 1 - XL and 1 - Med..
    Beautiful Rig! 
  • HDumptyEsqHDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Getting a BGE is like "If you give a Mouse a Cookie" or buying a Harley. You always want something more and can't go to the store without dropping a bunch of cash. Now I've seen this table I won't be satisfied until I have one too. Very nicely done.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• WRAWRA Posts: 14
    Awesome table! I hope to make one soon but that will put mine to shame
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,363
    @Cazzy  ; How's it holding up to the weather?  Do you cover or keep under a roof?

@Cazzy  ; How's it holding up to the weather?  Do you cover or keep under a roof?

Holding up great! I keep it covered with a tarp. I'd like to get a custom cover done but still haven't heard back from coverworks.

It is sealed with several layers of Sikkens Teak Oil so it can hold up as is without being covered. I however would rather not deal with the elements so its always covered when not in use.

Ok guys, if you haven't done so already, IM me if you're interest in a stand. I obviously need your egg size and if you want a chute. I'd rather get several orders together so we can make it worth Charles' time.

After speaking with him, I will circle back and provide specific details.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,585
    It doubes as a dresser in his master bedroom when not in use so it is in great shape 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    Chubbs said:

It doubes as a dresser in his master bedroom when not in use so it is in great shape 

=))
  • grillking1988grillking1988 Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    Very Nice!