Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Europe Promo

Options
Just curious if anyone knows the story behind this promo video?  I didn't realize BGE had a big European presence.

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    There have been a number of posts from members in Europe, BBQ is catching on there as the trendy way to home cook. 
    No idea what this video is about. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Looks like they soak the wood chips.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I like the video. Europeans booze a lot. His pizza looked raw.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'd eat at that restaurant.
  • Hashmaker
    Options
    Cool video. Being an employee of a German car maker, I have the opportunity to travel to Europe and have shown many German colleagues my egg and have had a few over to eggsperience it as well. All of them that have eaten food off of it loved it. Their only problem is the price. I've seen prices as high as 1000 euro for a medium. Even after drinking the kool-aid, I'd have a hard time paying that.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Doesn't even look like those eggs where even being used. How are all those eggs so white and clean still?
    Dunedin, FL
  • Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    Options
    I imagine the eggs where new and given to the chefs by BGE to do the promotional video. Had some nice looking dishes being prepared.
  • makis
    makis Posts: 81
    Options
    Mu XL in Germany costs €2700 without any toys. I can say that most Europeans , traditionally don't do low and slow, more like grilling.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Big Green Egg UK has some pretty cool stuff going on. Like this Double Decker Bus with Eggs on it. 

There used to be a video showing the whole bus, but I can't find it right now. If I run across it again I'll post it. 

@yzzi it is a promotional video and they more than likely treated it similar to an egg fest and sold the demo eggs after or the restaurants kept them. If you look at the BGE cookbook or anytime Dr. BBQ is making something officially for BGE all his eggs are new as well. 

Big green egg is starting to show its "Culinary Partners" in different areas. 

They talk about it with the Happy Belly food truck in Atlanta who was on the forum but hasn't been active since april last year. We'd like to introduce you to Happy Belly Truck- the 1st food truck with a Big Green Egg on it! 

Here is a video tour of the food truck

Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Kempy
    Kempy Posts: 188
    Options
    SWMBO and I spent some time in Europe this summer and while in the Netherlands, we walked by a restaurant that had a BGE out front.  We really should have stopped and eaten there but unfortunately, it wasn't time to eat yet.  I was very surprised to see the BGE there though.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Makes you wonder, companies like Visions can ship from China and be much less than a BGE - forget the quality, the cost of shipping is in the weight. Should be able to ship to Europe for less than from China, unless you are shipping one at a time. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!