Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bit the bullet - pics included

Options
Got an XL to keep my medium company.

Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Oh, the sweetness of a virgin egg (*sniff*).  Makes me happy. 
    Options
    Nice! Are those your Rossignol's too?
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Congrats! Now you need to get it dirty. Did you intend to have your dome offset from the draft door?
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:
    Congrats! Now you need to get it dirty. Did you intend to have your dome offset from the draft door?
    Damn. Busting a man's bubble like that.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Nothing better than the smell of a new egg, except for maybe...... (A parody of the famous words from Stephen King's Christine)

Enjoy, the smell only gets better!

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:
    I did not.  I got it home late last night and put it together with the light of a flashlight.  I'll fix it before I fire it up.  Didn't pass the dollar bill test either :-/.  That's what you get for being impatient. Still pretty enough to snap a photo this morning.
    Nice! Are those your Rossignol's too?
    Yessir.  Garage is kind of a mess since Hurricane Sandy and I just threw those in there after my only ski trip this season.
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    R2Egg2Q said:

My question wasn't intended to be critical. I'm kinda detail oriented and was just pointing it out should rtt121 wish to do a quick shift. If not, great. No offense meant @rtt121.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • rtt121
    Options
    None taken.  I was hoping no one would notice (knowing that they would)

I'll fix it.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    rtt121 don't get real caught up in the "dollar bill test". I only worry if a skatboard will pass between the top and bottom.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• rtt121
    Options

Mickey said:
    rtt121 don't get real caught up in the "dollar bill test". I only worry if a skatboard will pass between the top and bottom.
    If it were lined up correctly I probably would leave it.  My medium is older style and I cant seem to get it adjusted to pass the bill test.  Never any problems post nomex replacement.

With that said @mickey I think I read you are gasketless? (at least on your old large?)  I think I like the gasket.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    R2Egg2Q said:
    Chubbs said:
    R2Egg2Q said:

My question wasn't intended to be critical. I'm kinda detail oriented and was just pointing it out should rtt121 wish to do a quick shift. If not, great. No offense meant @rtt121.

I was joking with you..
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Chubbs said:

R2Egg2Q said:

Chubbs said:

R2Egg2Q said:

Congrats! Now you need to get it dirty. Did you intend to have your dome
    offset from the draft door?

My question wasn't intended to be critical. I'm kinda detail oriented and was just pointing it out
    should rtt121 wish to do a quick shift. If not, great. No offense meant @rtt121.

I was joking with you..

Now I see why Mickey won't send you a Mini. ;)

Bay Area, CA
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Nice.  I have an XL and think a medium would be a great addition. 
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • rtt121
    Options
    I think they are going to be great pair
  • Max232
    Max232 Posts: 76
    Options
    Same combo I have, they make a great pair and they get along good to. No bickering or arguing yet.

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

• smokesniffer
    Options
    OHHHHHH you are going to love the two egg meals. Congrats on the new family member.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • rtt121
    Options
    Thanks!