Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bit the bullet - pics included

Got an XL to keep my medium company.

Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,962
    Oh, the sweetness of a virgin egg (*sniff*).  Makes me happy. 

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,421
    Nice! Are those your Rossignol's too?
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Congrats! Now you need to get it dirty. Did you intend to have your dome offset from the draft door?
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,468
    R2Egg2Q said:
    Congrats! Now you need to get it dirty. Did you intend to have your dome offset from the draft door?
    Damn. Busting a man's bubble like that.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Nothing better than the smell of a new egg, except for maybe...... (A parody of the famous words from Stephen King's Christine)

Enjoy, the smell only gets better!

Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • rtt121rtt121 Posts: 645
    R2Egg2Q said:
    I did not.  I got it home late last night and put it together with the light of a flashlight.  I'll fix it before I fire it up.  Didn't pass the dollar bill test either :-/.  That's what you get for being impatient. Still pretty enough to snap a photo this morning.
    Nice! Are those your Rossignol's too?
    Yessir.  Garage is kind of a mess since Hurricane Sandy and I just threw those in there after my only ski trip this season.
    ·
    Chubbs said:
    R2Egg2Q said:

My question wasn't intended to be critical. I'm kinda detail oriented and was just pointing it out should rtt121 wish to do a quick shift. If not, great. No offense meant @rtt121.
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
    None taken.  I was hoping no one would notice (knowing that they would)

I'll fix it.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,473
    rtt121 don't get real caught up in the "dollar bill test". I only worry if a skatboard will pass between the top and bottom.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·

Mickey said:
    rtt121 don't get real caught up in the "dollar bill test". I only worry if a skatboard will pass between the top and bottom.
    If it were lined up correctly I probably would leave it.  My medium is older style and I cant seem to get it adjusted to pass the bill test.  Never any problems post nomex replacement.

With that said @mickey I think I read you are gasketless? (at least on your old large?)  I think I like the gasket.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,468
    R2Egg2Q said:
    Chubbs said:
    R2Egg2Q said:

My question wasn't intended to be critical. I'm kinda detail oriented and was just pointing it out should rtt121 wish to do a quick shift. If not, great. No offense meant @rtt121.

I was joking with you..
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
    Chubbs said:

R2Egg2Q said:

Chubbs said:

R2Egg2Q said:

Congrats! Now you need to get it dirty. Did you intend to have your dome
    offset from the draft door?

My question wasn't intended to be critical. I'm kinda detail oriented and was just pointing it out
    should rtt121 wish to do a quick shift. If not, great. No offense meant @rtt121.

I was joking with you..

Now I see why Mickey won't send you a Mini. ;)
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,361
    Nice.  I have an XL and think a medium would be a great addition. 
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
    I think they are going to be great pair
    ·
  • Max232Max232 Posts: 76
    Same combo I have, they make a great pair and they get along good to. No bickering or arguing yet.

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

·
  • OHHHHHH you are going to love the two egg meals. Congrats on the new family member.
    ·
    Thanks!
    ·