Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Pork Tenderloin with Black Berry Sauce... pics

Just finished supper. Nice little tenderloin done to 140 IT. The sauce just finishes of the taste. We love this meal.. I do the spuds and meat. My wife does the veggies and sauce. Team work for a yummy meal. This is in our rotation. bbhhhh
·

Comments

• what is the sauce recipe?
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,905
    Thank you! I'll be making this on Monday. I have a small tenderloin that isn't really big enough to stuff but I wanted to try something new. Did you put any rub or use wood for the pork?
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • @Solson005 yes on the rub, here it is

2tbs of eve
    2 tbs of chill powder
    1 tsp of brown sugar
    1tsp of salt
    1tsp of black pepper

Didn't use any wood chunks for smoke. Try it and let me know what ya think.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    Looks great.  Did some turkey tenderloin (breast) on the egg on Thurs - Mrs B made up some chipotle cranberry sauce - very good.

·
  • @nola, chipotle cranberry sounds real good.. care and share nola ;)
    ·
    I will thanks!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • @briweed

1/2 tsp chilli powder
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    11/4 cup blackberry jam
    1/2 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tbs butter

put al the ingredients except sugar and butter together and heat till blended. In a non stick pan put the sugar in and using medium heat stir constantly until melted. Once melted add the other mixture to the sugar. The sugar may clump together, just keep stirring till the sugar re-melts, use low heat. Once it has re-melted remove from heat and stir in the butter. It is Money. Try it.
    Thanks!

I'll give it a try. Appreciate the quick response.

Brian
    ·
  • Thanks for posting the pics and the recipes...That just shot up to the top of the to-cook-list
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • @solson005 That looks real nice. Glad you liked it. It is one of our favourites for sure. 
    All the Best.
    ·
  • Looks so good...Did you just pour the sauce over the tenderloin once finished or did it marinate in it?
    ·
  • @dawsonhull. I just pour it over the meat.
    ·
  • Cool - am going to try this very soon!
    ·
  • Great, hope you enjoy it. :D
    ·
  • That looks righteously good! 

I've done one with raspberry - chipotle.  First time I didn't use a seedless one...it was the pits
    :))
    ·
    edited February 2013
    I forgot to mount the sauce in butter so it looked more like a marinade. Easy fix for next time and lunch tomorrow! @dawsonhull it has a rub that puts a nice crust on it. Flavors are awesome! I used Ancho Chile powder so no heat, just a good flavor.

The potatoes I did are awesome too if anyone wants to try them. The link is in my last post. Easy and delicious!
    ·
  • I clipped the potatoes recipe, too! Will definitely try those.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,415
    @nola, chipotle cranberry sounds real good.. care and share nola ;)
    Just asked Mrs B - she said it's basically cranberry sauce and San Marco brand chipotles.

·
  • Great looking cook, will give it a go....Thanks!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    If anyone does try the Crash potatoes I highly recommend using rosemary and broiling till crispy after the 20 mins in the oven.
    ·
  • Thanks Nola.
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,077
    Looks amazing!
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 3,960
    Very impressive. Thanks for sharing
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Gotta try this. Sunday its on! Thanks for posting.
    XL BGE
    ·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,267
    We do a similar version except we use Polaner Raspberry for the 'berry' and throw in a chipotle jalepeno in adobo. The key as noted is cooking to 140F IT.
    ·
  • Finally got around to making this last night. It was a real winner! This being my first pork tenderloin (besides a pre-marinated one I did from Kroger once), I was surprised when I opened the package and the tenderloin was in two pieces! I thought it was one big (I think it was 2.7 lbs) slab. So I cooked them both - one for dinner last night and one for lunch today! My wife loved the blackberry sauce so much, she's trying to think of what else we can use it for.
    IMG_2965.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
    ·
  • @dawsonhull. Glad it worked out for you. We smother the tenderloin in that sauce. Keep on Eggin :D
    ·
  • This is one of our favorites also. Dawson, we also used the sauce on some chicken breasts and it was outstanding!
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    @smokesniffer I went exactly by your recipe and it turned out awesome!!! I will def. add this to my list. Thanks for the recipe!
    image.jpg
    960 x 720 - 227K
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·