Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Jalapeño & Ghiradelli Chocolate Rubbed 10lb Butt - pr0n

wmrrockwmrrock Posts: 30
Just of the BGE and setting in the cooler - FTC.  Jalapeño & Ghiradelli Chocolate Butt.  I am amazed at the dark color.  The pictures don't do it justice. It smoked in 9.5 hours at 250.  Internal 195.
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    Taste it yet?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • henapple said:
    Taste it yet?
    Had a small piece before I put it to rest.  Words cant describe it. Amazing, awesome....
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,961
    Nothing like a good mole sauce.... I've been planning to add chocolate to my coffee rub mix, keep forgetting to buy the chocolate. :(

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,283
    Wow.  Do you rub your butts with Grey Poupon, too?   :D

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
    Botch said:
    Wow.  Do you rub your butts with Grey Poupon, too?   :D

·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,361
    Looks yummy.  A little more info on the prep, please.  Do you powderize the chocolate or does it go on as a coating?  How much chocolate did you use?
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • Ragtop99 said:
    Looks yummy.  A little more info on the prep, please.  Do you powderize the chocolate or does it go on as a coating?  How much chocolate did you use?
    1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 cup Chocolate powder, 1 cup jalapeño powder.  I put all 3 in a blender and mixed it together.  Rub on WITHOUT using mustard (No Gray Poupon).  Finish by lightly sprinkling on some extra chocolate powder.

·
  • I'm gonna try this. Sweet.
    Boom
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596

Nothing like a good mole sauce.... I've been planning to add chocolate to my coffee rub mix, keep forgetting to buy the chocolate. :(

The rub sounds good...maybe a name change?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,148
    edited February 2013
    SWMBO "won" a prize at a Pampered Chef party that included PC's Mole Rub. I was skeptical. Tried it on a spatched chicken, and am now a believer. Like Nola, I've been thinking of adding some cocoa powder to Mickey's killer coffee rub and maybe a little more zip than the ancho. 
    Gotta love the homely pork butt - it is just a blank canvas awaiting yet another masterpiece. 
    Great cook!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    Someone say mole?!

·