Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Storing Plate Setter & Baking Stone

How do you store your plate sitter and baking stone when they are not in use?

Comments

• My plate setter sits in the Woo 2, and I keep them right in the Egg when not in use. The baking stone lives on a shelf in the house.
  • Same here, everything goes into the egg and sleeps there.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Ditto.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• Plate setter is always sleeping in the egg. Baking stone sits on it under the grate, under the woo extender, under the v rack, with the daisy wheel in the v rack

XLBGE 
  • Everything is stored in, under and on my portable table with granite wings.  Plenty of storage under the egg.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Easy.  In the platesetter/grid rack on the left side of the table.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • GBC
    GBC Posts: 58
    Solson005 said:
    I made a rolling cedar cabinet that goes against the house when we don't use it for a prep table. 

That is AWESOME!!! I want this!
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2013
    Thanks! We love it, a huge tree got knocked down during a Oklahoma Wind storm and we decided to build this in its place and expand the patio. Here is my post if you want to see some more pictures. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • GBC
    Solson005 said:
    Thanks! We love it, a huge tree got knocked down during a Oklahoma Wind storm and we decided to build this in its place and expand the patio. Here is my post if you want to see some more pictures. 
    I'm even more jealous now, your area looks awesome!
  • GBC
    Solson005 said:
    How do you like your looft lighter?  I've been debating on getting one.
  • That's why you keep the old gasser, great warming oven and storage for hot or cold ceramics and grids.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Solson005
    Well thanks, its been a 15+ year process and we love the way it has turned out! The pergola is about a year and a half old and the patio was finished the week of July 4th last summer. The Big green egg got added after the pergola was done and we didn't really want to put a gasser in that nice space and its been growing ever since. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Solson005
    edited February 2013
    I really like the Looftlighter, I bought it when I got my large egg and its the only method I've used to light it. I have a small propane torch I take with me when I bring the small egg to a friends or camping and I like the looft much better. Its pricey but I would rather spend money up front then try and remember if I need to buy another can of propane or starting blocks just to get my grill lit and I think the electric starters are just asking for someone (probably me) to get burned. The looft cools down pretty quickly. As long as you have electric nearby or don't mind running an extension cord I would highly recommend it. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @Solson005: love seeing your egg resort whenever you post pics. How did you mount your sail shade? I have one but still trying to figure out how to set it up.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Solson005
    @caliking thanks we love it too. For the Shade Sail we use a combination of things we mounted a ring on the roof and use a turnbuckle style connector. We also have a ring on top of the pergola that we use a Smart Strap Flat Bungee cord to attach to it. And for the third point we use the same strap wrapped around a tree. It is put away for the winter but here is a couple pictures to help you out. 

• cdees_1993
    cdees_1993 Posts: 135

@solson005 I just want to say that you have been a huge help to new eggers like myself and it is really appreciated!

• Solson005
    @cdees_1993 your very welcome, I learned a lot from this forum and have kept track of most of the great tips and find using pictures and links helps people understand better. Some of the guys are still here and some don't post as often anymore. I'm making some of the best food in my life and am happy to pass my methods, eggcessories, or tips to anyone that wants some extra information. Lots of ways to create great food on the egg and my methods work great for me, but I am still learning myself. This is such a great place to learn not only about the egg but about food in general, I really enjoy the wealth of information this forum has to offer. 
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    edited March 2013
    I am building cabinets right now and using this as my inspiration:

I plan to store all of that in the cabinet underneath the egg.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• bccomstock
    bccomstock Posts: 338
    r270ba said:
    I am building cabinets right now and using this as my inspiration:

I plan to store all of that in the cabinet underneath the egg.
    Houzz is pretty addicting when looking for creative inspiration for house-related things.. 
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
  • BillPinNC
    BillPinNC Posts: 68
    I store the extra ceramic In the outdoor kitchen!
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    BIllPinNC - That is sweet.  Are they custom?

Garnerville, NY
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @Solson005: sorry I missed your response to my query some time ago. Just wanted to say thanks for the pics!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GBC
    BillPinNC said:
    I store the extra ceramic In the outdoor kitchen!
    looks nice!!!
  • Solson005
    @caliking no worries, hope it shed some light on some options to hang yours. 

@BillPinNC I really like that, did you make it? 

@r27oba nice inspiration to work from, can't wait to see what you end up doing! 
  • BillPinNC
    BillPinNC Posts: 68
    My cabinets are made by Soleic and have a granite top. They are made from a plastic material called HPDE that is used on boats. Everything stays dry inside and and the material should last many years even in the Florida sun. We put in the kitchen a few months back after years of having a wood table, plastic bins and not enough space so I am really enjoying this setup. My wife likes it also since I cook dinner most nights!
  • Solson005
    @BillPinNC I am interested in seeing how much the material would cost for someone like myself to buy, I really like the look and the quality of material. I have watched some videos on similar products and can be made with using woodworking tools and a plastic welder for the seams. 

Looks great and I love the granite top! 
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    @billpinnc I am building cabinets right now and I looked into finishing them with granite for my countertop.  My cabinets are going to be outside and uncovered.  I have been told that granite is not a good 'uncovered' solution.  What has your experience been?
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Badong
    Badong Posts: 126
    Solson005 said:

What is your mini sitting in here?
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    That is his small and it is an "egg Carten"
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013