Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Sorta OT-Cubed Steak, Grits and Gravy (pic)

I apologize, as this was not cooked on the Egg.  But it is one of those Southern favorites where you never want your plate to end.  :)

For cubed steak (which is usually Cubed Venison Steak in my house), I like to sprinkle on some beef rub, dip it in an egg wash, dredge it in seasoned flour, and then pan fry it in some canola oil.  For the gravy, I pour out most of the oil from frying the steak and add in a roux of butter and flour.  Cook the flour for a little bit, then add in water, beef stock granules, heavy cream and cracked pepper.  Cook and whisk the gravy until it thickens.  For the grits, I usually take the easy way out and use the quick 5 minute grits.  I start by bringing 1 cup of heavy cream and 2 cups of chicken stock to a boil....then I whisk in 1 cup of the grits.  Reduce heat to medium low and when it's almost done, stir in about 1/4 cup of Cream Cheese.  Makes for an incredibly rich, smooth and delicious pot of grits. 

Don't get much better than that.  :)

Comments