Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon-wrapped Cheese-stuffed Bangers

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
Fresh Market was out of Knockwurst, as the recipe called for, so it was Irish Bangers instead. Extra Sharp cheddar, green onions, and bacon. Raised rig at 350-400, drip pan, 45 minutes. Pulled pan last 10 minutes to crisp the bacon as best I could without flipping them over and oozing the cheese out. Sides of mashed potato cakes, cuke salad, and a few Yuenglings.
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    =D> stealing this one

XLBGE 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks great and I want to make these too! Maybe a superbowl idea. Thanks for posting! 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Solson005 said:
    Looks great and I want to make these too! Maybe a superbowl idea. Thanks for posting! 
    I was thinking the same thing.  These would be great for our super bowl party.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Looks sinful and delicious!  :)
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    These were tasty as is, but I could see adding a little spicy mustard, but maybe just a little.  The flavor combo is pretty good as is.  Don't leave out the green onions.  They add a little heat and crunch that works.  I first made these and took them to the RIR NASCAR race for the tailgate.  I grilled them there, and they were a hit.  Highly recommend it.  I redeemed myself after my planked salmon fire show.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009