Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hunker down

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Everyone in the Midwest and Southeast be safe tonight...looks like it might get rough.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    henapple said:
    Everyone in the Midwest and Southeast be safe tonight...looks like it might get rough.
    A storm? Time to fire up the egg and pour a drink. Nothing like watching a storm under a porch with a coldie in hand. Add the egg and sounds like a nice evening. I do hope folks are careful.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    It's not supposed to hit here till around 3am.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321

henapple said:
    It's not supposed to hit here till around 3am.
    That is a long night of drinking.  It was almost warm enough here to go in the pool today.  Supposed to get cooler and a little stormy later this week.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Headed my way tomorrow, be safe out there. Don't leave your dome up in the wind!

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Ok, so there are no Tornados here in Newfoundland but we have lots of snow.This is my back deck.Wanna switch Doc?

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    edited January 2013
    Ok, so there are no Tornados here in Newfoundland but we have lots of snow.This is my back deck.Wanna switch Doc?

So I can see the snow pilled up on your deck, but what is the layer of snow at the top of the photo?
    Oh and go ahead and have a drink, you deserve one or two!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • cajunduck
    cajunduck Posts: 203
    edited January 2013
    Yep it's gonna be rough tonight, but the Woodford reserve will keep me safe! :D
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593

So I can see the snow pilled up on your deck, but what is the layer of snow at the top of the photo?
    Oh and go ahead and have a drink, you deserve one or two!
    Already having a drink of forty creek canadian whiskey and as for the snow on the top of the pic that's a snowdrift coming off of my roof...damn snow squals!!!

Going to get a honda snowblower  in a few weeks and im almost as excited for that as getting my first egg!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,457

At least CanMan's doesn't have claws....

(taken this afternoon; an aluminum roof allows the snow to slide off the roof slowly (or sometimes very quickly!).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678

I was in Newfoundland once in February for business it looked just like your photo! JR from Atlanta. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • galen
    galen Posts: 57

Aloha

No Tornados here in the Sandwich Isles but have recorded 4 and 3/4" of rain in the last 24 hours.

And, still raining.  Still 78 degrees however.  A little humid.  Just making sure to keep the dome closed.

Aloha

• Nothing in Oklahoma City, the Heart Of Tornado Alley! We did get much needed rain earlier today ... Deo Gratias! :)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I heard there were supposed to be storms in the DFW area. I took a nap. Dry when I fell asleep, wet when I woke up, not strong enough to wake me up, but I did fire up the Egg tonight with a bit of JD in the glass after the nap. Hope all who were hit hard are safe.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,457
    Question for you, CeramicChef:  did you normally get tornado warnings in January, ten years ago?  I don't remember such a thing, but maybe I wasn't paying attention...

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Already having a drink of forty creek canadian whiskey and as for the snow on the top of the pic that's a snowdrift coming off of my roof...damn snow squals!!! 

Going to get a honda snowblower  in a few weeks and im almost as excited for that as getting my first egg!!!
    Forty Creek, breakfast of Champions! 
    You'll love the blower. left mine in Ontario - take care from the left coast!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    End of days!  And I'm out of bourbon!  Oh, the humanity!

We're supposed to get da funk tomorrow morning for the commute.

Hold on Nola it's right on top of ya now

XLBGE