Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Large and Small Eggs are in their new nest...

Mr_Gaf
Mr_Gaf Posts: 7
edited January 2013 in EGG Table Forum
It's nothing fancy, but it blends into my BBQ corner of the yard. 
 "2 Eggs, Sunny Side Up", Southern Arizona Style!  
Constructed of textured concrete block and 16 inch pavers.

Vail, Arizona (suburban Tucson)
Large and Small Eggs

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I don't see pics.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mr_Gaf
    I'll attach again
    Large and Small Eggs

• Mr_Gaf
    3rd try is a charm!
    Large and Small Eggs

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Looks great. I like the Large/Small combo. Trying to decide if I should L/S or L/mini.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • The picture is great...in a few years expect to replace the gasser with the "third...Im up to four in my nest and love them...With the Arizona weather you will get plenty of practice..you may have to add a sun shade of some sort...spent 18 months in the desert below Gila Bend before goving over seas in a war a long time ago...grew to love the desert, but man it could get HOT!!!

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I was in Phoenix this past summer...118 degrees. Like a low and slow...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    very nice
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Very nice!  What are the dimensions of that entire 'counter top' including the space for the eggs?  Getting ready to finish my cabinets and was going to build my egg in.  I think I like the look of that better.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Mr_Gaf
    Thanks for the compliments everyone! 
    The dimensions of the original blue tile counter top with the gas grill is 6 feet wide by 3 feet deep.  The new ledge for the Large and Small eggs is 48" wide by 32" deep. The ledge is composed of 6 pavers on the bottom (16"x16"x2") then 2 courses of textured concrete block (filled in completley through the center too) the blocks are 16"x8"x8". Then it's capped off with 6 more of the pavers to give it the counter for the Eggs.
    The cost of the materials for the ledge was $80.00 and I did the easy construction myself in just a few hours. I think that it looks nice next to the concrete block wall too.  I am going to have a wall lamp installed on the block wall on the right side of the Eggs to give me some light for those later evening cooks.
    Large and Small Eggs

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks great, I love the Large / Small combo. (i have the same)  You have some nice prep space and probably have the closest beverage fridge to any egg I've seen! 

Love the area, I get to Mesa a few times a year but need to go explore around Tucson next time i'm in AZ. 

Keep the posts and pictures coming!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Mr_Gaf
    Thanks for the compliments! What good is a bbq area without a beer nearby! :)
    Large and Small Eggs

• Mr Gaf - very nicely done! I used to have a gasser but I found I only used it to store utensils for my BGE! Got rid of the gasser a month after the BGE moved in!
  • Mr_Gaf
    My large egg is new and I got the small one last summer. If I had known how great the eggs were 7 years ago, the gasser would never even be there. Live and Learn, right. :)
    Large and Small Eggs

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Chubbs said:
    Looks great. I like the Large/Small combo. Trying to decide if I should L/S or L/mini.

I'm debating same. Gonna buy in March. Leaning mini. Small is heavy and I plan to take camping. Or I could get small and buy a small weber for camping. It's tough decision. And I will def stop after two eggs ha so want to make it right.
    Boom
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Really nice. Think you will find the light a good add on. Great job. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • For what it is worth, I have the XL and a medium and find that combination is perfect.
  • My Eggs have a night light.  Now I am ready for those low and slow all nighters :)

Large and Small Eggs

• A rare occasion in Tucson, Az.  SNOW!!!
    Large and Small Eggs

• Mr_Gaf said:
    Thanks for the compliments! What good is a bbq area without a beer nearby! :)
    What a great set up!  Me & Wilma are on Atkins, so no beer for Freddie!
    :((
    Flint, Michigan