Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rules & Discount Codes

Options
Hi all and Admin if your watching... If I had asked a company if they would provide the forum with a discount code for the forum and posted that would this upset anyone or break any "rules"?

Cheers,

Double
Lynnwood WA

Comments

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options

OK by me (but what do I matter), I love to save money!

Lenoir, N.C.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I still have not seen my Mangrate discount code that was to be coming. They did send the Mangrate but I want my code........
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I just spoke to the admin.

The Oz giveth permission:

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    So that is a picture of Mangrate Oz?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    Oh and it's not for a friggin Mangrate!
    Lynnwood WA
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    That would be not for a "mangrating" Mangrate ;)

It has also become an adjective.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    The way I understand the "Rules", you could post a discount code for your business where forum members have the choice to view, rate and if appropriate respond/act on. You can't spam the forum. The administrators do have the right to remove any post found not to be in the best interst of the "community". 
    Generally, we do a pretty good job of self policing, or lynch mobbing (depends on your point of view).

Post the codes, I haven't bought anything over the internet in a week or so.......
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    The way I understand the "Rules", you could post a discount code for your business where forum members have the choice to view, rate and if appropriate respond/act on. You can't spam the forum. The administrators do have the right to remove any post found not to be in the best interst of the "community". 
    Generally, we do a pretty good job of self policing, or lynch mobbing (depends on your point of view).

Post the codes, I haven't bought anything over the internet in a week or so.......
    Post the code.... and burn the witch! I'll bring pitchforks.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    As long as you aren't affiliated with the company post away...it no different than me posting the thermapen sale last week. We appreciate deals, what we don't want is for the forum to become an advertising medium...
  • FlashkaBob
    Options

As long as you aren't affiliated with the company post away...it no different than me posting the thermapen sale last week. We appreciate deals, what we don't want is for the forum to become an advertising medium...
    Was that you that posted the thermapen deal? I wanted to say thanks. I ordered mine on Sunday night and had it in my hands Wednesday afternoon. With special shipping to Canada ($19.00) it still came out 10 bucks cheaper than I could find it anywhere around here. Some guy was actually trying to sell them on Amazon.ca for $142.00!

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I have a difficult time believing boomer is not affiliated with mangrate...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    henapple said:

Because @Boomer is @Nola who used to be @Stike who sometimes posts as @Tweeve. You may have seen him more recently as @VillageIdiot but he also posts sometimes as @Mickey.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    And now, if I may, unveil the greatest shocker of them all...... I, we, are also @Chubbs!!!!

Options
    henapple said:

@henapple

I have a harder time believeing that you believe i'm affiliated with mangrate...

I'm going to lose sleep over this :)