Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Bowl parking question

billyray
billyray Posts: 1,275
Since we'll be driving in from Baton Rouge, does anyone have any suggestions for where to park. I see there are some off site lots that they are asking $100 to$150 for, seems high, but compared to the ones close to the Super Dome @ $400 to $500 maybe not.
Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.

Comments

• Not sure, but I think it will be way too much chaos to deal with and so you should give me your tickets and let me deal with it for you.   [-O<
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • billyray
    Thanks for the help, I never would have thought of that. =))
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,664
    if you can park on top of bernard pollard, ill see if i can pool enough money to pay for the parking
    :D that guy seems to take out key pats players every year
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

I am parking in my carport for free, drinking my free (well not really) beer, monitoring the Maverick, and watching it on my 55" bigscreen. 

Maybe one day I can go. BillyRay, trade you Masters tickets for Super Bowl?

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    I'm sure you've been to this website but just in case you have t here you go. Enjoy the game!!!
    http://www.super-bowl-parking.com/p/reserve-new-orleans-super-bowl-parking.html?m=1
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @billyray - you're welcome to park at my house for free.  It's walking distance, although not real close, but you can always take a cab if you don't feel like walking.  I've walked to the dome a few times for games.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    edited January 2013
    I agree with smitty when the super bowl was here in Detroit, that is what we did.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• nolaegghead
    It's hard to book a room in the quarter when all the rooms are booked.
    @billyray - you're welcome to park at my house for free.  It's walking distance, although not real close, but you can always take a cab if you don't feel like walking.  I've walked to the dome a few times for games.
    By "free" he meant free beer.  ;)
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    It's hard to book a room in the quarter when all the rooms are booked.
    Don't some people sleep in the street?
  • nolaegghead
    If by sleep you also include passed-out-drunk, then yep, very common. :D

We went to the Superbowl down there in '89.   Stayed in a hotel on Bourbon Street and took a buggy ride to the Dome.     Why not stay close by and enjoy the party?

They really jack up the prices, I've seen $800 to $2,700 a night.
  • billyray

Thanks for the offer Nola. I'll get back to you after we get there, if that's okay. I'm going with my older son , who works for the Raiders. My younger son works for the company that's selling out the new 49er stadium and he will be staying at the team hotel. I'm going to see if we can park there under his name.
  • nolaegghead
    Don't feel obligated, my offer stands, but you'd be better off parking closer, no doubt.  However, if you park at my house, you'll get complimentary BBQ from the egg, which I'll be cooking all weekend.  Ain't no big thang either way.  Sound's like you hooked up. :D
    Your a good man Nola!! Thanks that BBQ sounds very tempting. =D>
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Just be safe.. niner fans getting quite the thug reputation. Stabbed a falcon fan last week.. and multiple others incidents this week.
  • nolaegghead

BYS1981 said:
    Just be safe.. niner fans getting quite the thug reputation. Stabbed a falcon fan last week.. and multiple others incidents this week.
    You'll find a few bad apples in every metropolitan area, without exception.  That's an outlier incident at this point.  If the stabbings continue, let's fire up a real conversation.
    :D
    I have some friends that play for the Dallas Cowboys that can drive you around.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    mholec said:
    I have some friends that play for the Dallas Cowboys that can drive you around.
    Tony Blowmo Games?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • billyray
    edited January 2013
    I heard if you get a speeding ticket in Dallas the new fine is you get season tickets to the Cowboys. =)) And you have to go!!
  • Well with Tony Romo, many of his interceptions are touchdowns!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533

BYS1981 said:

You'll find a few bad apples in every metropolitan area, without exception.  That's an outlier incident at this point.  If the stabbings continue, let's fire up a real conversation.

They're getting pretty bad.. this wasn't first incident lol. 100 were ejected when green bay came to sf. Yorks building new stadium will eliminate some of their gangbanger fans attending games tho. Lots of sf gang bangers attend games at candlestick.
  • nolaegghead
    BYS1981 said:

BYS1981 said:
    They're getting pretty bad.. this wasn't first incident lol. 100 were ejected when green bay came to sf. Yorks building new stadium will eliminate some of their gangbanger fans attending games tho. Lots of sf gang bangers attend games at candlestick.
    Yikes.  Let's hope the thugs don't have enough money to finance a trip to NOLA.